Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Of course nadal is on the list, hes made it to alot of finals this year plus most still love rafa even though he didnt play his best this year, im not surprised if fed is in the list either:shrug:

I VOTED NOLE BECAUSE HE HAD AN OUTSTANDING YEAR, CONGRATS NOLE
(how do you say congrats in serbian, ANYONE:confused: )

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Frauderer could fix a match, cheat on court, fake injuries and still end up with that fucking stupid award. It's pathetic.
Just curious - how exactly does someone who has never retired injured in over 900 matches, "fake an injury" in any one of those matches.

You bring to mind the observation that "All the world is mad except thee and me, and lately I've begun to wonder about thee" :haha:

Reactions: Orka_n

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
If Aisam doesn't win the Edberg award, it will be an absolute injustice. Fed, Nadal & Djokovic have all had dick moments this year, meanwhile Aisam is doing something truly admirable and I never hear stories about him arguing with umpires or overcelebrating wins or making backhanded :)lol:) compliments/insults in press conferences--granted he is a double player and they don't get much attention compared to the top three, but still.

Raonic will almost certainly receive Newcomer of the Year.

Juan Martin del Potro (258/15)
Gilles Muller (134/49)
Gilles Simon (41/12)
Dmitry Tursunov (197/39)
Simon being on this list :haha:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
If Aisam doesn't win the Edberg award, it will be an absolute injustice. Fed, Nadal & Djokovic have all had dick moments this year, meanwhile Aisam is doing something truly admirable and I never hear stories about him arguing with umpires or overcelebrating wins or making backhanded :)lol:) compliments/insults in press conferences--granted he is a double player and they don't get much attention compared to the top three, but still.
The Edberg award seems to have lost its purpose quite some time ago already. It seems to be impossible to have a list of candidates NOT including the top dogs anymore, whereas there are plenty lower ranked players around who have shown far more sportsmenship, but 'nobody' knows them, so who cares... :eek:

They are keeping up well with the current scapegoat tactic of having at least one 'unknown' player in the list who should truly deserve getting it. Too bad it's not going to happen. :(

Simon being on this list :haha:
He's on the Comeback Player of the year list. I wouldn't vote for him but I see where it's coming from...

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts

Raonic will almost certainly receive Newcomer of the Year.
Agreed on both accounts.

Most improved player... well going by the rankings it's obviously Bogo but I'm enclined to give it to Tipsy. Never though he'd get over his mental block.
Comeback player has to be Delpo.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Nole FTW :cheerleader:

·
29,645 Posts
Neither Fedal have ever deserved the Edberg award, and neither does Novak.

I'd give it to Tsonga personally.

·
Registered
62 Posts

:
This

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
Nishikori is a joke on that list. His tennis didn't improve at all. He's more of a comeback player rather than an improved player.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts