Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a focuse on one impressive stat :woohoo:

Nole is 36/0 in main tournaments since 10/21/2014 !!!

Having won : Bercy, WTF, AO, Indian Wells, Miami and Monte Carlo.

Having defeated 18 Top 10 (credit to Federer in Dubai but it was not a MS)

Of course it gonna end and he is not playing that well on clay this year, but tennis is not figure skating where skills are evaluated and only win matters.

When I saw him roaring vs Nishikori in the decider, I understood he is motivated like in 2011.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: Nole since Stephan birth.

The wifie is busy looking after the little one, Nole has a lot more time to practice as she is too tired to offer distractions from his work.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts

I think Nole's recent success is based mostly on the decline of his competition (Federer struggling to keep up, Nadal having terrible year, Murray can't seem to last against him, others like Nishikori, Berd, Stan and Raonic can all challenge him, but can't outlast him physically, or mentally in Stan's case).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

I think Nole's recent success is based mostly on the decline of his competition (Federer struggling to keep up, Nadal having terrible year, Murray can't seem to last against him, others like Nishikori, Berd, Stan and Raonic can all challenge him, but can't outlast him physically, or mentally in Stan's case).
The wifie is busy looking after the little one, Nole has a lot more time to practice as she is too tired to offer distractions from his work.
Of these two I like the 2nd explanation best

·
Registered
889 Posts

Perhaps Novak is much much better than them. Nishikori and Berdych are playing as well as they have ever done. It's the same Nishikori that won the US Open SF.

But yes Nadal's decline and Fed's age are factors. However it's not like Djokovic wasn't beating either regularly the previous years. Novak won matches against both at their peak.

So credit to Novak, he's become so consistent at winning.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts

Plausible explanation. Less use of penis, more time for tennis. :D

·
Registered
11,737 Posts

Dubai is a big event, regardless of being a 500. And he lost to Fastcourterer. ;)

But anyway, nice stat. Which will end either this week or at RG.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts

·
Banned
779 Posts

After giving birth, his wife must have told him to make more money. :) I think he's worth this amount of money, because he gains it from his hard work. :)

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Wah wah wah. Complete bullshit. Nole is just too good. Plenty of players are in great form this year, he is just in better form.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
It takes a real man to get married and have kids and family while still being at the top.

And actually family life provides the balance and stability for top tennis players.
Just have a look at Fed, Nole, Andy.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Wah wah wah. Complete bullshit. Nole is just too good. Plenty of players are in great form this year, he is just in better form.
Agreed. No1e is just too good for the rest of the field. Not sure why is it so hard for some to accept, so need to come up with that "weak ere" BS.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts

:superlol::superlol:

That doesn't make sense. Novak had huge unbeatable streak in 2011 and he's having another unbeatable streak in big tournaments in 2015, so regardless of the competition when Djokovic is at his very best he's the closest thing to unplayable.

What makes this season even more interesting than 2011 one is the small probability of any walkovers at RG which push players out of their tempo. Novak failed to get CYGS because of Fognini in 2011, but this season he could create the history, although I could see Nole going unprepared to Wimbledon because of the over-celebration of RG victory:sport:

·
Registered
4,769 Posts

Just a focuse on one impressive stat :woohoo:

Nole is 36/0 in main tournaments since 10/21/2014 !!!

Having won : Bercy, WTF, AO, Indian Wells, Miami and Monte Carlo.

Having defeated 18 Top 10 (credit to Federer in Dubai but it was not a MS)

Of course it gonna end and he is not playing that well on clay this year, but tennis is not figure skating where skills are evaluated and only win matters.

When I saw him roaring vs Nishikori in the decider, I understood he is motivated like in 2011.
The problem for him is the streak might end where it matters the most for him, at RG.:eek:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Amazing. Simply amazing. Fatherovic is doing much better than anticipated by some.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

The same reason why on MTF Đoković is Djokovic, Ćorić is Coric and Džumhur is Dzumhur. :D
But you can spell Stefan using English alphabet. So technically not the same reason ;)

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

It takes a real man to get married and have kids and family while still being at the top.

And actually family life provides the balance and stability for top tennis players.
Just have a look at Fed, Nole, Andy.
But not Stan!

·
Registered
13 Posts

There are many other women offering him distractions.

But i would say he is lucky to have this kind of focus after having ababy....his wife must be really nice and he is lucky....its not the baby that takes your focus or energy away....its a bad wife tha does that. so in case of nole, he has a nice wife.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts