Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Êtes-vous heureux du retour de Rafael Nadal en finale, après les difficultés qu'il a vécues ces dernières semaines et ses pépins physiques ?
En tant qu'un de ses admirateurs, oui. En tant qu'adversaire, non (sourire). C'est un des plus grands champions de l'histoire de ce jeu. Sa mentalité, son approche, sa résilience, sa capacité à se battre pour revenir après une longue absence du circuit, des blessures, des opérations, il a tout eu. Il continue de montrer au monde pourquoi il est l'une des plus grandes légendes de l'histoire du tennis. J'ai le plus grand respect pour lui. C'est mon plus grand rival, c'est certain. J'ai joué tellement de fois contre lui. A ce jour, c'est la plus longue rivalité de l'histoire du tennis. On s'est affronté plus de cinquante fois (le Serbe mène 28-25). A chaque fois, c'est une émotion. C'est le défi ultime. »

Try to translate (English is not easy for me) :

Are you happy with Rafa Nadal coming back in this Final, after struggling those last weeks with physical problems ?

As a fan, yes. As an opponent, no. (smile). He is one of the greatest of this game. His mindset, his approach, his resilience, his ability to stuggle back after such a long time away from Circuit, his injuries, his surgeries, he faced everything.

He keeps on showing to the world why he is one of the greatest legend of Tennis History.

I have the greatest respect for him.

He is my greatest opponent, for sure. I have played so many times against him. Actually it is the longest rivalry of Tennis History. We faced more than 50 times (Nole leads 28-25). Everytimes, it is an Emotion. It is the Ultimate Challenge.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

"Not happy to see him as an opponent" - that's a new one. Everything else is the same response we heard many times before.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I wish all younger players would be kind as Djokovic and Nadal. Good luck to both players today.

Fed is good too nowadays. Fed has been always sharp in his press conferences. Sometimes misunderstood.

As the big 3 matured so gracefully, they are setting an example for younger players.

Then you get Nick, Kokk etc.

Show respect to everyone and you will be respected :hatoff:.

I know that some of you love drama but ...

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish all younger players would be kind as Djokovic and Nadal. Good luck to both players today.

Fed is good too nowadays. Fed has been always sharp in his press conferences. Sometimes misunderstood.

As the big 3 matured so gracefully, they are setting an example for younger players.

Then you get Nick, Kokk etc.

Show respect to everyone and you will be respected :hatoff:.

I know that some of you love drama but ...

That was exactly what Daenerys was saying 7 seasons long before burning King's Landing into Ashes :x:x:x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts