Michael Llodra v. Ivan Ljubicic
Ivan Dodig v. Stanislas Wawrinka
Robin Haase v. [2/WC] Andy Murray

good luck Nole

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Re: Nole is Here In Basel! The Basel 2011 Cheering Thread

I love his "Nole" hoodie and t-shirt. The red and navy are very nice together, especially with his tan. Just another good outfit ST makes....off court :p

·
Registered
2,329 Posts

Am I reading this right? He could have played vs Tomic or Harrison, but they've both lost?

·
Premium Member
21,314 Posts

Am I reading this right? He could have played vs Tomic or Harrison, but they've both lost?
Something like that. Anyway, just because Tomic played well at Wimbledon doesn't mean that's his usual level. All those youngsters are overhyped most likely. :)

·
Registered
7,928 Posts

Though Tomic is the top seed in the Q draw, LL spots are for the highest ranked players who lost in the final round. There's a glitch with scoreboard, as all matches played yesterday were the first round. I think virtually there's no way for them to get into the main draw. :scratch:

·
Registered
14,624 Posts

I love his "Nole" hoodie and t-shirt. The red and navy are very nice together, especially with his tan. Just another good outfit ST makes....off court :p
Yes, exactly. How is that? his outfits off court are more juvenile, sporty. But on court he's made like... Federer. :awww:

Reactions: Alaricus

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,982 Posts

finally Nole is back :) :rocker2:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts

Compared to the other half, this is an easy draw. But I feel like it could also be a trap. I hope he's healthy and ready to play.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts

BASEL, Switzerland -- Novak Djokovic says he needs "some time" to rediscover top form after his historic season was interrupted by a six-week injury break.

The top-ranked Serb resumes at the Swiss Indoors with a 64-3 record, after a back muscle injury forced him to retire from a Davis Cup semifinals singles match against Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina on Sept. 18.

Djokovic says "it's going to take me some time to get back to the right shape."

The U.S. Open, Wimbledon and Australian Open champion faces 50th-ranked Belgian Xavier Malisse in Basel on Tuesday

Djokovic adds: "I don't expect myself to be 100 per cent in this tournament but obviously I will try."
http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/story/?id=379260

·
Registered
14,624 Posts

Yh, I hope he gets 100% for WTF, the only thing that matters from now on. Basel will just be good practice. Give it to Murray, he needs it more.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts

Top Half :

[1] Djokovic v. Malisse
[Q] Tobias Kamke v. [Q] Lukasz Kubot
Mikhail Youzhny v. [Q] Michael Lammer
Marcos Baghdatis v. [8] Victor Troicki

[4] Tomas Berdych v. [WC] Kei Nishikori
Andreas Seppi v. Gilles Muller
Jurgen Melzer v. [WC] Donald Young
[Q] James Blake v. [5] Mardy Fish

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

I so miss Nole playing. Really easy draw for him so trying to be positive that he will play back to shape. Viktor, being the 8th seed, has 1/4 of chance being in Nole's quarter and of course, he lands there :lol:

Too bad all the players I like are in Nole's half especially X-man has to face him in first round :awww:

·
Registered
780 Posts

I so miss Nole playing. Really easy draw for him so trying to be positive that he will play back to shape. Viktor, being the 8th seed, has 1/4 of chance being in Nole's quarter and of course, he lands there :lol:

Too bad all the players I like are in Nole's half especially X-man has to face him in first round :awww:
Nole's half is easy, at least on the surface it looks easy... Janko's... -.- oh my, he's gonna have a really hard time. And Roger facing Starace? so sorry for Potito, really :sad: it looks like the organizers want to keep both 'top guys' on the tournament, Roger bc Basel is his home, and Novak bc he is #1, so, more tickets :p I believe that Nole can go far, but I'm still scared and won't be calmed till I see him play.

And... I'm sad for Janko -.-

Reactions: Alaricus

·
Registered
14,624 Posts

I hope that Nole can do very very well in this tournament:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Wasnt he the finalist last year or was that a year or two ago:shrug:
He won the tournament on Federer's turf two years ago and made the final last year. :)
This part of the season suits Nole, he plays comfortable indoors. When he had a shitty year in 2009 he went to dominate in the fall season winning in Beijing, Basel, Paris and making the semis in Shanghai. Sadly he couldn't sustain it for WTF, but I remember he played like an angel. I still have this memory of his matches against Nadal that year, the way he destroyed Rafa in those matches I don't think I have seen it again, not even in 2011. I think it was Paris semis against Nadal, he offered one of the most virtuoso sessions I have ever seen from a tennis player. Does anyone remember? Nole was just perfect that day. A test of what was to come, only it arrived two years later. I never lost faith because I knew what he was capable of. :)

·
Registered
9,301 Posts

I think it was Paris semis against Nadal, he offered one of the most virtuoso sessions I have ever seen from a tennis player. Does anyone remember? Nole was just perfect that day.
I sure do remember. Nadal was off in that part of the season, but he got beaten so comprehensively in Paris that after that match I was pretty sure Novak will do what it takes on big stage as well. It was 'rinse and repeat' kinda thing, Nadal looked completely lost on the court.

·
Registered
798 Posts

He won the tournament on Federer's turf two years ago and made the final last year. :)
This part of the season suits Nole, he plays comfortable indoors. When he had a shitty year in 2009 he went to dominate in the fall season winning in Beijing, Basel, Paris and making the semis in Shanghai. Sadly he couldn't sustain it for WTF, but I remember he played like an angel. I still have this memory of his matches against Nadal that year, the way he destroyed Rafa in those matches I don't think I have seen it again, not even in 2011. I think it was Paris semis against Nadal, he offered one of the most virtuoso sessions I have ever seen from a tennis player. Does anyone remember? Nole was just perfect that day. A test of what was to come, only it arrived two years later. I never lost faith because I knew what he was capable of. :)
I remember that match very well , i was there in the POPB he won 6 2 6 4 i think great match and great memory too :) after the match he made a little speech in French :drool:

1 - 20 of 284 Posts