Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I wanted the great man Roger to win as for leaving an aesthetic principle foot-print in tennis history, however you have to tip your hat to the Djoker here at the end of the day. He really did well in recovering there to over-come his recent demons from the past. Any regular character on the tour (Some even champions) after losing a set 5-7 when leading it 5-2 at one point, would have disintegrated, but Nole, similar to Murray at the 2012 US Open, showed immense depth of character and held his spirit strong to overcome terrible adversity.

That win will probably prove the most significant win he'll EVER have of his career. Never mind winning a first grandslam title as a teenager, lifting the Davis Cup for Serbia, or even saving those two match-points twice against Federer at the Aussie and US Opens before coming back to win. This will be REALLY pinnacle, the spring board, the cushion and the momentum he simply needs to have him dominating the men's game for the rest of his career. This win is just, well, you just could not put a price on it, it's not pricable!

So I commend you Nole, as both a tennis player and a man. You overcame that traumatic period in your career, every champion has to. We can all see just how much you've aged in your face from the last two months and it's all been worth it. This inherent glitch-defect which had been growing and growing like an almost cancer-tuma in the right side of your brain? It's like it's now been successfully removed!!! You've been through your radio therapy, now you are free!!!! :yeah:

That said I'm estimating there is a probability chance of around about 5 - 10% that this cancer can return and the I'm sensing/guessing your next check-up for any signs will be in 2 months time, at the US OPEN? September? JUST ENSURE ME ONE THING! ENSURE ME! Ensure me that that ruddy moon-balling virus of a tennis player does NOT steal in, AGAIN, please?. :yeah: Last year was excruciatingly painful. Show the bloke who's temple we are in when it's hard-court, bitch! :smooch:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Appreciate it :yeah:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. :yeah:

He has my backing in all the hard-court slams from now on. (+ the french also)

Anything that can help knock anti-tennis off it's perch.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
It was a great match? "Good quality"? But, but.. MTF said it sucked!
Only trolls and haters say that. I said it from the 4th set the quality is very good. I think it's the best GS final Djokovic played in after US Open 2011

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it just me or does Novak seem as though he is almost impersonating Boris now? He's picked up somany of his mannerisms and gestures. :lol:

·
Registered
889 Posts
In terms of quality it's the best since 2011 US Open. The quality of the rallies in that final was just, well unreal.

Novak is far and away the most consistent tennis player and the most complete we've seen since peak Fed. We all knew, the difference between Novak winning and Novak losing most of those big matches is whether Novak's head is ok or not. I exclude Wimbledon 2013 though, in that match he was outplayed and had no answers.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone that didn't think THAT was a good quality final for quality, drama and emotion.... is a plain numb fool with no experience of either what fun or tennis is like.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No way can I agree with that^ Federer played some excellent tennis to get back into it. Djokovic was rolling the ball in and being passive after he went up a break, but that was pretty much more or less it.

He rated it higher and greater than his final with Rafa at/in Australian back in 2012, IN TERMS OF QUALITY. That;s how well peak Djokovic had to play against Old man Federer on grass.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,192 Posts
I thought the 4th set was great as well. The 3rd had the highest level. The 2nd was the one which kinda sucked; Roger played very bad in that set.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^Roger gifted away the tiebreak in the 3rd though^... the way he flopped that one two punch combination going inside in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ajde! Well done Novak finally after 18 months of suffering he's done it, hope he kicks on now and can reach 10 slams something only 3 other plays have done in the open era. Novak is a legend in the game for winning 7 slams but if he wins 10 slams he will become one of the goats of the game.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I know I wanted the great man Roger to win as for leaving an aesthetic principle foot-print in tennis history, however you have to tip your hat to the Djoker here at the end of the day. He really did well in recovering there to over-come his recent demons from the past. Any regular character on the tour (Some even champions) after losing a set 5-7 when leading it 5-2 at one point, would have disintegrated, but Nole, similar to Murray at the 2012 US Open, showed immense depth of character and held his spirit strong to overcome terrible adversity.

That win will probably prove the most significant win he'll EVER have of his career. Never mind winning a first grandslam title as a teenager, lifting the Davis Cup for Serbia, or even saving those two match-points twice against Federer at the Aussie and US Opens before coming back to win. This will be REALLY pinnacle, the spring board, the cushion and the momentum he simply needs to have him dominating the men's game for the rest of his career. This win is just, well, you just could not put a price on it, it's not pricable!

So I commend you Nole, as both a tennis player and a man. You overcame that traumatic period in your career, every champion has to. We can all see just how much you've aged in your face from the last two months and it's all been worth it. This inherent glitch-defect which had been growing and growing like an almost cancer-tuma in the right side of your brain? It's like it's now been successfully removed!!! You've been through your radio therapy, now you are free!!!! :yeah:

That said I'm estimating there is a probability chance of around about 5 - 10% that this cancer can return and the I'm sensing/guessing your next check-up for any signs will be in 2 months time, at the US OPEN? September? JUST ENSURE ME ONE THING! ENSURE ME! Ensure me that that ruddy moon-balling virus of a tennis player does NOT steal in, AGAIN, please?. :yeah: Last year was excruciatingly painful. Show the bloke who's temple we are in when it's hard-court, bitch! :smooch:
I agree with a lot of stuff you say, and I love Nole. But stop with this passive aggressive BS. You know as well as I do that you were NOT pulling for Roger to win. haha. I mean I can read between the lines... the threads you have opened and commented. It's OK. I think Nole deserved it through and through, and like I said, I agree with a lot of stuff you say. But let's not pretend ...

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I agree with a lot of stuff you say, and I love Nole. But stop with this passive aggressive BS. You know as well as I do that you were NOT pulling for Roger to win. haha. I mean I can read between the lines... the threads you have opened and commented. It's OK. I think Nole deserved it through and through, and like I said, I agree with a lot of stuff you say. But let's not pretend ...
Your peceptive skills are well off the the map.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=23735130&postcount=184

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=473465

If you think I'm this sort of pre-madedated troll then you're mistaken, this thread is a genuine thread made to compliment Djokovic. If you looked around my posts on the live commentary, you'd also see I was going nuts when Federer won the first set. I just didn't type much thereafter in there because it was impossible to hold a conversation with anyone in it.

This thread isn't some contrived way of boosting Djokovic. I genuinely wanted Federer to win 8 and 18, grass and slam total overall, respectively. He deserves a slam for the way he's turned around himself after facing much adversity from the back problems last year. Who I support generally changes with the grandslam tournament and it tends to be respect to the situation. Last year it was Murray coz I am British, the year before that Murray and the year before that Djokovic. I switch regularly because I am a tennis fan, not a fanboy. Only player I distaste and dislike is Rafael Nadal. I find him boring, vacuous... both as a person and as a player. His game is how some modern day academies train their players, by actually shoving a badminton net, along side the real tennis net the middle of the court and saying play. It's killing the sport and I don't want coaches saying, we're going to model your game on high percentage topspin tennis like Nadal. Though I acknowledge they'd never be able to replicate that technique fully so not quite in the same sense, but you get me.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sheeple, apologise! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts