Mens Tennis Forums banner

1881 - 1900 of 1935 Posts

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
There are always matches going on in another stadiums. Lots of ticket holders in stadium 1 also have tickets in 2 and spit their time there. Also there are usually hundreds of people watching big screen outside in shades. The part of the stadium shown on TV also the sunny part so usually less people sitting there.

And people prefer men's match much more.

I spent less than half the time in my seat so far this tournament but I'm here every day.

I already have a tan

How can I forget that during earlier rounds, many people go to practice courts when lots of players there. Like all 20 courts were occupied.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I'm dead on my feet today. Allergy is not helping either.

Honestly, Indian Wells is the only tennis tournament I've ever attended. I went to Scottsdale tournament in its last year before it's moved to Las Vegas which died not long after. It's a much smaller tournament so I don't quite count it.

I watched live matches from different positions during the tournament. On stadium 1, I had watched matches a few rows from court and high up the upper deck of the stadium. Both seats have similar position relative to the court. At the SW corner which IMO is really great. Different positions gave me totally different look at the sport.

Up high, I can see the whole court and movement of both players. Better appreciation in how players covering all corners of court, changes of ball direction, changes of paces. Its closer to what I see on TV. And I honestly believe watching from the corner is better than directly behind players.

Closer to the court, I can see more the emotion, the focus, the response in winning /losing a point, etc. But really hard in "seeing" the match with the balls flying in high speed to and from, I can only focus on one player at a time.

Btw, I love "slow" courts because it's so much easier to enjoy the strokes and angles created by players.

I watched a few matches in stadium 2. It's a great stadium. Not too big or not too small. Just the right size. Access is easy (definitely better than 1)

There's more I want to say but too tired right now.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
My uninvited guest during Nole's final in IW trying to hide itself by matching the pattern of my tote but it forgot it's resting on my white hat :lol:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Don't care I'll probably be paranoid for the rest of the day.:lol:hate insects:tape:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I was leaving late one night and saw there were buzzing around the flower beds. I thought those were hummingbirds collecting nectar but I know those flowers were not the kind for them and it's dark and the birds eat at day. I looked closer and recognized they were moths. :lol:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I was just bored and started watching the Highlights of the 2007 US Open final. I really felt it was Djokovic's match. He really was the better player for two sets and could have won both the sets. It would have been a terrific start to his career. Two Grand Slams at a Young Age, as he won 2008 AO..

Also i really feel he gives too much importance to what Federer and Nadal think. Alright they are one of the GOATS but everybody wants to be a winner and if i was a Tennis Player i would want to knock the stuffing out of Fedal on court , there is nothing wrong with that. It feels he almost feels apologetic about it.

But anyways All the Best to Nole. Hoping for a Multiple Slam year for him and i wish to see him knock out Nadal at least in GS Count. And i really think there is nothing between them, They are all on same level. Fedal are not a level above him at all.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Nole will win Monte Carlo. :D

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Just Thump and Massacre Fedal, Nole. Show no mercy. One is an Old Man now and the other is a walking patient. They are there for your taking. Show no Mercy.

1881 - 1900 of 1935 Posts