Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many bagels will No1e bake this season ?

• 27 + beating Guillermo's record

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 20-26

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 15-20

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 10-15

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lendl baked 10 bagels on May 5th 1982 ... No1e on April 17th 2015.

In 1982 Lendl baked total of 17 bagels .. Federer baked 19 in 2006.

The record for most most bagels in open era is held by GUILLERMO VILAS - 26 bagels in 1977 (Thanks for the info Yolita ;) )
Second best I believe is Bjorn Borg with 23 bagels in 1978 (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Will No1e beat Guillermo's record ?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
He's got a good shot a beating the record.

I expect at least 5-6 more bagels during clay court season, 1-2 during grass court season, 2-3 during U.S. hard court season and 5-6 more in Fall.

So that he can end up somewhere between 23 and 27.

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's got a good shot a beating the record.

I expect at least 5-6 more bagels during clay court season, 1-2 during grass court season, 2-3 during U.S. hard court season and 5-6 more in Fall.

So that he can end up somewhere between 23 and 27.
Yes he can get 5 bagels or more during the clay season .... However what worries me is that the "Slow hard Season" (his best surface) is behind us and that the indoor season (Paris-London) is far away and lot of things can happen until then ...

The most important for No1e is to stay healthy and he will be able to bake the 27th bagel before the season is over

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
He should not focus on this record at all, and although it's nice fans should not worry too much about it either. He should have better priorities than this.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Djokovic is averaging 1 bagel for every 3 matches right now. I think he'd have to up the pace in order to break the record, but getting into the 20s seems reasonable. Maybe some double and triple bagels in opening rounds at GS/Masters

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He should not focus on this record at all, and although it's nice fans should not worry too much about it either. He should have better priorities than this.
Of course No1e doesn't count bagels and he doesn't estimate if he can breaks some record ..

The question/poll is for us fans to give our opinion if given his form he can break Vilas record or not ....

We all know the priorities, beat Rafa 4 times on clay and take the RG title

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Legend. Only peak Roger could hit with Nole when he's in ruthless form. Toy with them then take them to the bakery.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Yes he can get 5 bagels or more during the clay season .... However what worries me is that the "Slow hard Season" (his best surface) is behind us and that the indoor season (Paris-London) is far away and lot of things can happen until then ...

The most important for No1e is to stay healthy and he will be able to bake the 27th bagel before the season is over
Guillermo Vilas 1977 Singles W/L 134-14

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Vi/G/Guillermo-Vilas.aspx?t=pa&y=1977&m=s&e=0#

Almost incomparable, two times more matches than Djokovic last year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts