Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
Look, you all know me, I'm an erratic nutcase who rants all the time, but the fact is, I've never even come close to being banned.

So trust me when I say the bar is pretty fucking low of being banned at MTF. In fact, there are plenty of nutcases still running free as I write these epic lines.

So quit whining, people. All bans are well deserved, including the several bans for nutcase overlord @NADALalot. If you are being banned in this forum, you have a MASSIVE problem and need some help fast.

Haha wait, I just saw, NADALalot has been banned AGAIN? Hahahahahahahahaaha

Please tell me why. I just need to know. Oh this is so glorious.

Registered
I know user ivan was unfairly banned many years ago, he is not even listed on the banned users list anymore.

Golddigger
Look, you all know me, I'm an erratic nutcase who rants all the time, but the fact is, I've never even come close to being banned.

So trust me when I say the bar is pretty fucking low of being banned at MTF. In fact, there are plenty of nutcases still running free as I write these epic lines.

So quit whining, people. All bans are well deserved, including the several bans for nutcase overlord @NADALalot. If you are being banned in this forum, you have a MASSIVE problem and need some help fast.

Haha wait, I just saw, NADALalot has been banned AGAIN? Hahahahahahahahaaha

Please tell me why. I just need to know. Oh this is so glorious.
Doping accusations against djokovic

Registered
In that policy, me.
I wanted to chime in on the subject of being accused of racism. I had a poster who was commenting on a particular player, and once he realized I was from the US, he turned a rather normal thread into a subject on political injustice in the US. He also did the same thing with another poster after I refused to respond to him any longer. How could a thread about a Swiss player who made some inappropriate comments turn into a forum on racial injustice in the US? I didn't go to the moderators as I thought they had enough to deal with, but the second person who was harassed is rather high profile on here so I have a feeling the comments got some attention from those in a position of authority. I have been happy to see that the poster who made the accusations has kept a low profile since that time.

Premium Member
You should only be banned for openly racist talk. Trash talk should be allowed.
No, extreme trolling (disrupting GM), doping accusations, severe name calling and wishing death to fellow posters should still be bannable offenses (apart from trying to spam the forum with ads or completely non-tennis related stuff in GM, because that is a downright ban).

Banned
I followed the Budadiii case greatly.

A huge spark to the forum.

But besides him,

I'm all for bringing the banned posters back.

Unless you're here literally spewing hatred, inciting violence, harrassing someone, or absolutely spamming the board with nonsense, no one should be banned.

But from my short experience and what I've been told, MTF is a little too liberal / cancel-y for that.

Premium Member
I followed the Budadiii case greatly.

A huge spark to the forum.

But besides him,

I'm all for bringing the banned posters back.

Unless you're here literally spewing hatred, inciting violence, harrassing someone, or absolutely spamming the board with nonsense, no one should be banned.

But from my short experience and what I've been told, MTF is a little too liberal / cancel-y for that.
That is tennisforum.com, not MTF.

Premium Member
Tennisforum is too liberal, but not necessarily in banning someone. Both forums are strict about guarding their core rules.

Registered
I'm against permabans so +1 from me for this suggestion.

Hell I would even go so far as to say that bring back the permabanned members, specially the funny ones like Topspindoctor, rutinos harcos, Sliceace. I just gave three names of three banned legends from the big 3 fanbase that would instantly make this place more entertaining.

-Lifetime Scientist-
I think its way too much to ban someone here permanently. People are passionate about players and sometimes they stupid shit, and they rightly should be punished but banning someone permanently is bit too much.

I think there needs to be a mute option like in discord. If you are muted, you can view the forum but cannot reply or react to any post.

And there needs to timed punishments. And it needs to be enforced all the time. No exceptions. Only then it will work.

1 offense in 7 days: Warning
2 offenses 7 days : Mute 7 days
3 offenses in 14 days: Mute 30 days.

So if someone knows they have one offense, they will likely behave atleast for a week so they dont get second offense and get muted for a week.

It is better than banning someone, so they just create a new account.
You only joined in 2017, you're not aware of how toxic some banned posters were. I don't agree with every decision the mods take but compared to big tech social media, this forum is a bastion of freedom of speech, as forums generally are.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts