Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 1 year playing at Wake Forest the former Wimbledon junior and Kalamazoo champ will go full time the pro tour. He was NCAA runner up this year to Ryan Shane and had a pretty solid year in college, only losing 3 matches all season

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Good decision.

He's only played two futures this year, one of them this week. He played much more of them last year. Will be interesting to see how fast he can advance in the rankings.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
after 1 year playing at Wake Forest the former Wimbledon junior and Kalamazoo champ will go full time the pro tour. He was NCAA runner up this year to Ryan Shane and had a pretty solid year in college, only losing 3 matches all season
Ive been hearing about this guy, along with a few other American juniors. They reckon they could be the next great generation in American tennis. It's hard to believe the Americans haven't had a GRANDSLAM winner since Andy Roddick 2003 U.S OPEN.

When I was growing up American players dominated the game. Connors, McEnroe, Sampras, Agassi, Courier. Since Federer took over its been pure European domination. I think if American Atheletes were as enthusiastic about Tennis as they're about Baseball, and all the other sports. They'd have produced a lot more great players.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Ive been hearing about this guy, along with a few other American juniors. They reckon they could be the next great generation in American tennis. It's hard to believe the Americans haven't had a GRANDSLAM winner since Andy Roddick 2003 U.S OPEN.

When I was growing up American players dominated the game. Connors, McEnroe, Sampras, Agassi, Courier. Since Federer took over its been pure European domination. I think if American Atheletes were as enthusiastic about Tennis as they're about Baseball, and all the other sports. They'd have produced a lot more great players.
After Gaudio's RG win in 2004 only Del Potro USO 2009 has been a non-European slam win. A bit strange. Europe was always competitive, you'll remember Borg, Lendl, Wilander, Edberg and Becker, but this has been something else. I don't think it will last much longer. Both US and Aussie youngsters look strong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts