Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Novak's only 35 weeks behind Roger.

I'd say he's guaranteed to pass Roger this year.
Yes but the chances are good Rafa can be No. 1 again after Wimbledon. So the chances are here Novak won't be the whole season the No. 1. If he will be obviously he breaks the record.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Don't get ahead of yourself Djoko tards. The battle has just begun and your fav is less consistent than ever. Rafa will be back where he belongs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes but the chances are good Rafa can be No. 1 again after Wimbledon. So the chances are here Novak won't be the whole season the No. 1. If he will be obviously he breaks the record.
Rafa had an absolutely mind boggling season since Rome last year. I simply don't see it happening again this season.

Novak might lose the no 1 for a few weeks if Rafa cleans up Monte Carlo, Madrid and Novak doesn't do well in IW/Miami. Barring that, Novak is destined to pass Roger this year comfortably.

·
Your visions will happen
49,320 Posts
I did the numbers already, Djoko needs #1 every week from now until first Monday in October

But Rafa is so close right now, it could switch back and forth in Acapulco/Dubai. Both have pts to gain there as well as IW and Miami. Rafa even can gain more pts in MC, Barca, and Madrid so this thing can bounce between the two every few weeks. Then Djoker may lose for few weeks here and there but if he finishes YE #1, almost surely he breaks Fed record

But really, let's focus on Acapulco and Dubai first

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
This is primarily by gaming the system. Nadal did at Davis Cup what Nole did for Serbia at ATP Cup. Davis Cup is clearly more important and prestigious. Yet Nole got huge points, more than equivalent of making it to a Masters tournament final out of that, and Nadal got nothing out of his Davis Cup efforr. I can't understand ATP's motivation behind that really. But it is what it is.

·
Registered
713 Posts
He gave up mentally and physically in Indian Wells, French Open and us open.
No way that Novak will give up the Slams and #1.
Lol at the “Nadal and Fed are injured” excuse. Fedal wouldn’t be top 3 and have Wimbledon/us open/Australia trophies if Novak wasn’t ill or injured since 2009.

·
Registered
631 Posts
This is primarily by gaming the system. Nadal did at Davis Cup what Nole did for Serbia at ATP Cup. Davis Cup is clearly more important and prestigious.
Why? ATP obviously doesn't think so. That's like saying Queens is more important and prestigious than Shanghai. It's not.

The new Davis Cup format is a joke. The old format (that both Nadal and Djokovic won for their countries) might have been more important and prestigious. The new format is "Davis Cup" only by name.

Yet Nole got huge points, more than equivalent of making it to a Masters tournament final out of that, and Nadal got nothing out of his Davis Cup efforr. I can't understand ATP's motivation behind that really. But it is what it is.
Last time I checked, Nadal was playing in the ATP Cup as well. What prevented him from getting huge points there?

Oh yeah, that's right. Nole did.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
No he didn't. At ATP Cup players earn points until the first loss. Nadal lost his first match before losing to Djokovic.
And that Nadal was not ready for a season by ATP Cup time - primarily because of going all the way in Madrid - was also well known.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts