Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually the Tennis Channel gives us all three days of coverage , but I don't see it on their schedule...anyone know what's up?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hmm.... You've uncovered a mystery. I'd found Hopman on a page called 'The Cups' and made the assumption that since they showed it last year, they would do it again.

Now I'm looking at the Tournaments page and what I see is Adelaide Dec. 31 - Jan. 6. Of course that overlaps Hopman Cup which is Dec. 29 - Jan. 4. That doesn't look good for Hopman Cup coverage in US although TC is pretty good at messing up their listings so you can't anticipate when anything will be on. (What's their problem? A good intern ought to be able to handle it, doncha think?) I wonder if they picked Adelaide because it's an ATP event that counts toward rankings? Wonder who is playing... Djokovic won't be defending his title apparently.

I see they are also covering Sydney. I hope this is a sign we are going to get more live tournament coverage this year!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
My heart skips a beat whenever I read that title. ABC comes to the rescue!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Usually the Tennis Channel gives us all three days of coverage , but I don't see it on their schedule...anyone know what's up?
If you look at the daily TV listings it shows LIVE Hopman Cup coverage :

Tuesday Jan. 1 8:30 pm (EST) Serbia VS. France
Wednesday Jan. 2 8:30 pm (EST) Australia VS. USA
Friday Jan. 4 4:00 am (EST) FINAL

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hmm.... You've uncovered a mystery. I'd found Hopman on a page called 'The Cups' and made the assumption that since they showed it last year, they would do it again.

Now I'm looking at the Tournaments page and what I see is Adelaide Dec. 31 - Jan. 6. Of course that overlaps Hopman Cup which is Dec. 29 - Jan. 4. That doesn't look good for Hopman Cup coverage in US although TC is pretty good at messing up their listings so you can't anticipate when anything will be on. (What's their problem? A good intern ought to be able to handle it, doncha think?) I wonder if they picked Adelaide because it's an ATP event that counts toward rankings? Wonder who is playing... Djokovic won't be defending his title apparently.

I see they are also covering Sydney. I hope this is a sign we are going to get more live tournament coverage this year!
The TV Listings don't show any coverage for Adelaide and for Sydney they have WTA coverage starting with the Quarterfinals.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you look at the daily TV listings it shows LIVE Hopman Cup coverage :

Tuesday Jan. 1 8:30 pm (EST) Serbia VS. France
Wednesday Jan. 2 8:30 pm (EST) Australia VS. USA
Friday Jan. 4 4:00 am (EST) FINAL
The TV Listings don't show any coverage for Adelaide and for Sydney they have WTA coverage starting with the Quarterfinals.
:eek: :( :mad:

Great! :rolleyes: We've got two variant sets of information on their official web site. No reason to think either is correct. In the best of all possible worlds, they would be showing all of it for us, but I somehow doubt that's the case.

I'll reiterate what I said above.

... TC is pretty good at messing up their listings so you can't anticipate when anything will be on. (What's their problem? A good intern ought to be able to handle it, doncha think?)...
There's also the little problem of the listings they give the digital TV Guide being incomplete, and out of sync with those on the web site. I wonder how many missed the first half hour of the Sunday night replay of AO-05 SF Safin v. Fed?

I probably wouldn't be much of a tennis fan if it weren't for Tennis Channel. It's hard to maintain interest and excitement for something you seldom see. On the other hand, paying extra for it every month seems to raise my expectations for their product. Since joining MTF a few months ago, the only thread I've considered starting is one for TC Griping. :p

On a positive note, one of the very best things about TC is that they don't show any *bleep* political ads. Every other channel I might possibly watch has shown them the last six months. Right now they are wall-to-wall. All done in less than two weeks. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with jan-moline. I am absolutely obsessed with the tennis channel because I have gotten to see so much more tennis then before I had the network. I agree about the commercials also, they are always the same but they are short and not the same commercials you see on regular cable. However I too get really frustrated when the digital TV guide says something completely different that what is actually is on.... anyway I was wondering also if the Hopman cup is going to be on. So I was sad when I read the title of this thread.... I would like to see Adelaide and Sydney for the ATP. But if it is just the WTA they are showing then yuck, I prefer they don't even show it. I would rather watch grass grow, it would be more interesting and it would be more peaceful then hearing those dreadful yells.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Boo hoo, it's an exho.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Boo hoo, it's an exho.
missindapoint, PMK.

Least as far as I'm concerned, it's not Hopman. It's that the off-season is making me bat-shit crazy. :silly: I want to see live tennis, preferably ATP. Last weekend I was watching Copa Argentina on my laptop and feeling thankful for what I could get (objectively, it was dull). Still it beats hail out of the steady diet of old AO matches, ancient reruns and the odd womens final (Hingis d. Ivanovic, anyone?) that TC is supplying the last few weeks.

Noone will hear complaints from me if it turns out TC is running Adelaide. (Maybe Darcis will make another run... ) All I ask is that they publish the schedule accurately so I don't miss anything or have to wait six hours for the repeat. :p

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
A tennis channel complaint thread, there's an original idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts