Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the draw, I searched my memory for how Nadal/Safin matches have gone in the past...I couldn't produce, so I checked their record.

It's 0-0.

I wonder if Safin can get past Soderling to set up their first ever meeting. I know Safin hasn't exactly produced brilliant tennis here of late, but it's a mouth-watering prospect nonetheless.

·
Registered
753 Posts
IF he can get past Soderling, Marat may well give Rafa a match for one and a half sets max, then he'll self-destruct.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Marat will not get past Soderling :shrug: And even if he does there will be nothing mouth-watering about Nadal-Safin match. But no doubt the prospect would be mouth-watering for Safin haters, they would enjoy this match for sure.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Marat will not get past Soderling :shrug: And even if he does there will be nothing mouth-watering about Nadal-Safin match. But no doubt the prospect would be mouth-watering for Safin haters, they would enjoy this match for sure.
two years ago...this would have had great prospects but marat has no confidence. But maybe nadal is the kind of player safin needs to get his ass in gear. Nadal sure as hell isnt going to slice safin off the court santoro style.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I always feel hope growing that Marat will make it this time, but then again I'll be surprised if he'll take a set off Soderling. Sometimes I think Marat's like a protesting child only losing for somebody to make things change. Children sometimes bring home bad grades from school because they want their parents to notice something else is wrong. That's what I think Marat's doing these days so, unless somebody will find his problem, he'll keep on protesting. *PSYCHOSTUFFFFF*

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Nadal and Safin have never played...Can Safin get past Soderling?

He sure can, but probably wont :lol:

I really hope he does beat Robin, I am waiting for Nadal-Safin clash for years :)

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Everyone wants to see this match up so it's bound to be one sided in Nadal's favor. First of all, I hope Safin can just get past Soderling and if he does, I hope he proves me wrong. Not likely though.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
If this was DC Safin would win.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i want to see what he can do against Nadal...
but i'm pessimisctic... :unsure:
and i agree that someone should tell Marat all the ATP matches are Davis Cup matches :lol:

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Re: Nadal and Safin have never played...Can Safin get past Soderling?

He sure can, but probably wont :lol:

I really hope he does beat Robin, I am waiting for Nadal-Safin clash for years :)
Same here but knowing Marat expect him to do another Monte Carlo where had had match points against Vliegen to set up the meeting yet still lost :eek:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sadly, I doubt he'll get past Soderling. If he does, he hasn't got a hope in hell against Nadal. Safin's best days are over, it's not quite so much the mental part now (although partly it still is), it's the fact he can't move well - top players will exploit that.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
every top player can beat nadull especially on a hardcourt. marat's always good for a suprise.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
every top player can beat nadull especially on a hardcourt. marat's always good for a suprise.
not anymore. this nadal of 2007 is good. nadal has beaten youznhy and berdych this year. he knows how to beat his old rivals. he is getting better, others are staying the same.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
pfff berdych wasnt in form that day. clearly he played underneath his level and youzhny got injured, but beforehand was spanking nadal... this doesnt prove anything. -_-

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I think Rafa will blow away *either* of them - he's indeed become a much better player since last year, and as such I expect him to be force to reckon with on HC just as much as he has apparently become on grass.

Marat has yet to get past Söderling, and with his current form - mentally especially - being as it seems to be, I barely give him a chance to do so. It'll be another Rafa - Söderling clash, and I don't think Rafa is even going to give away a set this time.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Safin is the type of player that can really give Nadal trouble...hard flat hitting big serving goes for winners. This doesn't favor Nadal what-so-ever...but Nadal is clearly the better player...so dunno...could be a fun set or two...

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I think the Safin of two years ago would have given Nadal fits, but right now he can't seem to stay foccused long enough for a whole match and even if he does his movement is not what it used to be so I don't really think he'll be too much trouble for Nadal but you never know. Although first he'll have to get past Soderling which I don't think will be easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts