Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know. I didn't watch it, the scoreline surprises me, just that.

And I need to talk about tennis with someone. Damn! This rain delay just piss me off!

·
Registered
29,204 Posts
I dare say Alessio was just too good in this epic encounter. Too good.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You know, you're right we need to focus on things other than the rain. Golubev plays Zverev in 20 minutes. That should be good for a laugh!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Many surprises today on the Challenger tour, to me mainly:
- Fabbiano def. Junqueira 2-6 6-3 7-5 (if I were Junqueira I would retire as fast as I could)
- Burzi def. Timo Nieminen 6-4 6-1 (I don't care about what can people say about Burzi, he is 30 yo and he plays 10 matches per year and he sucks most of the times against bad level claycourters, Nieminen should have won this)
- Knittel def. Greul 6-1 2-6 7-6 (WTA scoreline :lol: )
- Struff def. Guez 6-1 6-0 (Struff was the favourite of course but he literally destroyed his opponent :lol:)
- Schmid def. Janowicz 7-6 6-0 (completely unexpected, Schmid is 23 yo and this is his 5th match overall on clay, including the 3 that he had to win in this qualifying draw)
- Rousset def. de Schepper 7-5 5-7 7-6 (another 24 yo newbie to the Challenger tour, this is his 10th match overall at Challenger level)
- Obry def. Niland 6-2 6-2 (Obry is 20 yo and this is his 12th match in the Challenger tour, having only obtained 3 victories in his career.. so great result for him)

Okay enough :D

Ah, edit: the Andujar loss is clearly all thanks to the epic ATP Challenger Tour "Player Spotlight" curse.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Fabbiano is not as bad as he thinks. And Junqueira...oh, well, after you lose against Radu Albot from the lovely Republic of Moldova, losing to Thomas Fabbiano is certainly not tragic.

Burzi played 59, not 10 matches this year, and won 40 of them. Yes, he usually sucks, but still he can beat futures level players like Nieminen. Plus the heat. Certainly Burzi is more used to it than the finn.

Knittel winning is absolutely no surprise. Greul has lost to far worse players this year (Klec or Struff for example).

About Guez, can't tell if tank or just plain stupid.

Schmid at his 5th claycourt match this year? Wrong. He had 5 Challenger Tour matches on clay, but also other 38 in ITF tournaments or German Bundesliga. Anyway, this does not excuse this loss for Janowicz.

De Schepper's scoreline was tight, anyone could have one it. Still, a bad loss judging by the results he had this year.

Niland injured himself at US Open, I guess he was not fully recovered.

As for Andujar, the explanation is simple. "Player Spotlight Curse" doesn't forgive anyone.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
I dare say Alessio was just too good in this epic encounter. Too good.
that's the only thing to be said in this situation

·
Registered
68,118 Posts
andujar :facepalm:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Simon should have beaten Knittel. Knittel is garbage. Simon has been a disappointment. Hopefully he finds a way to finish top 100.

Di Mauro played a good match, grinded very hard, counter-punched when given the opportunity, and forced errors from Andujar.

·
Banned
4,017 Posts
Pablo peaking in Genova :bowdown:
Fabbiano is quite good tbh, better than Junqu with any doubt. He's unfortunately really... "not tall" :lol:
And what you have against EnriGOAT Burzi? :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts