Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
I'd love to know the margins of each year.

I'd guess that 2006, 2008 and 2010 would be the closest years. Maybe 2017 as well but doubt it.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
I have to agree with NovaxTards here, it's just a meaningless statistic. At the end of the day, slams (20>17) is all that matters.
The only thing this useless statistic say to us is that no matter how much the Lunatic Pusher wins, people don't buy tickets to see his boring tennis, his screams and agressions towards ballkids and linejudges or his cringeworthy after-match celebrations. Fed's talent has no match, but at the end of the day, slams is (almost) all that matters.

·
justice for all
16,227 Posts
I'd love to know the margins of each year.

I'd guess that 2006, 2008 and 2010 would be the closest years. Maybe 2017 as well but doubt it.
Yeah, pity they don't publish the percentages. Have they ever done it? Would be interesting to see them.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Any self-respecting sport does stuff like this to stay connected with the fans. And it works.

Reactions: Triggervic

·
Registered
450 Posts
well done Federer for being high school Goat Really this is just sad then fans have bring off court meaningless stats to feel good about losing records.

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
well done Federer for being high school Goat Really this is just sad then fans have bring off court meaningless stats to feel good about losing records.
High school goat lmao

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Yup, can't deny he's the GOAT in this particular department.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Proves once again that people prefer a natural talent ball striker with all kinds of variety and incredible play making and shotmaking to a talentless moonballer who fingers his asshole and then smells his finger before he serves and also a wall-like player that hits the same shot over and over and over again with no variety and tries a drop shot here and there to look cool, not to mention the cringyass celebrations like the boob throwing one and others.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The difference with most popularity contests is that this is based on quality and talent. Federer is actually the greatest as well as the most popular, a unique combination.
W-Era 40-15 Federer is only Goat of W-Era 13 of 20 majors won without playing Nadal or Djokovic. Also Federer lost 21 times after having match points not something a 🐐 does. No a meaningless stat both Djokovic- Nadal are much better baseline players and better to watch. Keep living in Dreamland with poor Federer losing all his records must hurt it will get better maybe.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts