Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
If Hewitt plays his best match ever, he can beat Federer if Federer is slightly annoyed. Otherwise, give the title to Federer.
The days of hewitt having a chance against federer are sadly over i think :sad: the same for roddick. Its just hard to believe hewitt managed to win so many matches previously against federer :shrug:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Definately Agassi, Blake and Hewitt. When I watched James today I thought he could probably beat Federer. James has so much speed and he's excellent at the net and he has some great shots.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
If Hewitt plays his best match ever, he can beat Federer if Federer is slightly annoyed. Otherwise, give the title to Federer.
Hewitt was double bagelled last time they met here. Perhaps not the most encouraging sign about his chances, I daresay :)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I don't miss any of those ...

·
Registered
988 Posts
The US open has been kinda boring this year IMO. Mainly because of all the seeds going out so early. They're has been upsets and talking points, but something the commentators mentioned earlier was that there has been nothing memorable about this US open.

IMO i say you may as well hand the title to Federer. Based on how much play i've seen the only person left i think could challenge Federer at the minute would be Blake, but i don't even think he'd have enough to beat Federer, unfortunately.

·
Banned
1,629 Posts
Caren said:
The US open has been kinda boring this year IMO. Mainly because of all the seeds going out so early. They're has been upsets and talking points, but something the commentators mentioned earlier was that there has been nothing memorable about this US open.

IMO i say you may as well hand the title to Federer. Based on how much play i've seen the only person left i think could challenge Federer at the minute would be Blake, but i don't even think he'd have enough to beat Federer, unfortunately.
Blake has no hope of beating Roger.
Ginepri on the other hand, is more than enough for Federer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
its like roger is walking into the final now... as always.... lower draw is much more interesting i think...

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
When did rodduck ever challenger Rogi?

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Those of you who think Blake can challenge don't recall what Feds did to him in the night match of AA two years ago...

What about Gasquet?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Blake is a much better player than two years ago, though - the 2003 version wouldn't have stood a chance against Nadal this year. Not only was his game weaker, but he played a very over-anxious and frenetic match against Federer, who could have played much better himself but was gifted a ton of errors by Blake trying to rip winners and go for something special. That's why Federer had an insane amount of breakpoints in the second set, although Blake always seemed to save them with good play all of a sudden.

Gasquet definitely has a shot, but the question is, can he get past potentially Haas/Coria/Agassi to get to the final? That's asking a lot from him considering that his mental and physical stamina is still somewhat questionable, although a second five-set win in three matches has dispelled the doubts a little.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
federer will get challenged, but the biggest test is my #2 favorite David Nalbandian who beat him what 2 years ago in 4th round. I want to see this become a rivalry, and i want to see david become #2.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
ugotlobbed said:
federer will get challenged, but the biggest test is my #2 favorite David Nalbandian who beat him what 2 years ago in 4th round. I want to see this become a rivalry, and i want to see david become #2.
Yes, I think David ia certainly the most looming threat at the moment for Roger. In fact, I see the winner of the Nalbandian-Gonzalez match making it into the quarters and playing Roger assuming he gets there. That match could be very tricky but of the two I would give David a pretty good chance against Roger- their AO 2004 match was very very tight with breaks going back and forth throughout the match. Roger did just enough on the big points there to score the win but the outcome could have been very different.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts