Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Actually he's won 2 of the last 4 majors (AO this year and Wimbledon last year). Discounting AO makes no sense otherwise Nadal would have similar stats
This. Nadal is 5/40-ish if you leave out FO's.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
No arbitrary discounting of slams? Federer only has one of the 1 of the last 21. And this guy is the so called goat?

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Nadal, the king of clay. Djokovic, the king of plexicushion.

It would be interesting to see how many GS titles Djokovic would have if AO hadn't switched to plexicushion in 2008 when Novak's domination in Australia started.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Federer = GOAT

Along with Rosewall who dominated both on clay and on indoor wood

·
Registered
6,731 Posts

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Actually he's won 2 of the last 4 majors (AO this year and Wimbledon last year). Discounting AO makes no sense otherwise Nadal would have similar stats
Nadal would have similar stats however he would have similar stats in a HIGHER number. Nadal's RG vs other slams, and Djokovic's AO vs other slams are at similar percentages in terms of their dominant slam being by far their majority wins

Djokovic only 3 slam wins outside of that, Nadal 5, plus, obviously, he's won his specialty slam way more times

however I'm not really sure what the OP is getting at, besides maybe Novak's poor slam record. obviously Djokovic has been in contention at practically every slam the last few years, he's been solid on all surfaces, extremely solid

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Discounting the AO us significant to this observation because does it have implications fir Djokovic's in season stamina? Does the mental grind of months if tennis wear on his mind most years? It's worth discussing, even if you don't want to.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

·
Registered
669 Posts
Without hard courts, clay courts or grass courts, everyone would be slamless :speakles:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I'm stunned at that stat. How did it happen? He's clearly been the best player.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Makes me sad. I like Nole a lot but he sucks at majors and it's not like he loses early. Loss to Nishikori at the US Open, Loss to Nadal at the US Open. Loss to Wawrinka at AO and FO. I mean ... He should have at least 5 out of 10. But his grand slam final record is bad too. 8-8 when it should be 11-5 or 10-6 ... with the game he has ... Nole will probably go down as an underachiever ... Time stops for no one and he will regret it when it catches up to him

1 - 17 of 17 Posts