Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tennis Australia gave to Players Council a more accurate guideline for AO.

1) Limited number of people

Except people from Australia and New Zealand, other players will have a limited staff.

Top 20 double players and MD single players can have a 2 persons staff, others one only.
You can ask for one or two more if 1000 is not reached (ATP + WTA) and if you pay 4.500€ for each extra member.

Players can land in Australia 01/15 and 01/16 and not on 01/17 as initially planned.

special flights from Dubai Singapore and LA if required.

2) 5 hours a day out of hotel room, 2 hours max on court, 1 h 30 max at the Gym.

3) First week, you can play with the same player, second week you can have two others from another first week duo.

4) Players gonna be tested on day 1 3 7 10 14 and should pass every test to play AO.
A positively tested player gonna be tested twice and if confirmed, will be strictly blocked in room with his staff and sparring partner player from duo or double duo 14 days.

5) Warm Up Events :

2 WTA 500, 1 ATP 250, 12 teams ATP Cup

6) AO Second week Events :

No ATP, 1 WTA 250.

7) No qualies in Australia, so far WTA qualies in Dubai.

8) Same global prize money like 2020 but 62.000€ for R128 loss.

Victoria State should now sign this guideline before it becomes official.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
i don´t like that top players can have a bigger team than lower ranked players? what is the reason for that? stupid one if you ask me

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
These are very harsh conditions, esp. max. 1000 players + staff for both ATP+WTA and the quarantine rules for training.

I have a very bad feeling about this, although I don't doubt that the Aussies will conduct this all extremely well.
I am only happy that ATP Cup will still go ahead (despite some early rumors that it would be cancelled).

·
Registered
59,351 Posts
Very reasonable, strict restrictions are why Australia and NZ have avoided the disaster of America and to a lesser degree Europe.

Don't like that the top players can have bigger teams though- I get that it's what they're used to, but I don't think codifying inequities is the way to go.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Interesting that there are 3 warmup WTA events but only 1 ATP.
Also wondering about their exact timing bearing in mind the 14-day quarantine.

·
Premium Member
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Third WTA on second week means AO second week so is not properly a warm up Event but kind of Consolation Round.

Two ATP warm up Events with a 250 and ATP Cup.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Third WTA on second week means AO second week so is not properly a warm up Event but kind of Consolation Round.

Two ATP warm up Events with a 250 and ATP Cup.
Yeah, right. ATP Cup makes up for it. Makes sense.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very reasonable, strict restrictions are why Australia and NZ have avoided the disaster of America and to a lesser degree Europe.

Don't like that the top players can have bigger teams though- I get that it's what they're used to, but I don't think codifying inequities is the way to go.
Agree with this entirely, but reporting on this latest proposal seems to bear out that Tennis Australia and health authorities arrived at that as a financial carrot for lower ranked players to forgo having support staff/team members (believe it was 7,000 Australian dollars/person) and not compromising health authorities settling on the overall number (1,000) of players/staff allowed into Australia. But you're correct that they're condoning inequities by buying off players who are in a more precarious position and then likely allowing higher ranked players to bring additional staff/team members, as the financial incentive means nothing to them.

·
9,533 Posts
Wta finished early. No wtf even

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Or 3 groups of 4 with best runner up joining semi
And all this within 5 days, very short time, needs top-notch organizing, (big rain) delays are not allowed.
We'll see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts