Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last year when Eastbourne was a combined ATP/WTA event I got the impression that they were planning to keep it that way, which would have been fine by me, yet this year it's back to WTA only. Is this because of clashing with Nottingham, does it have anything to do with the added week of grasscourt tournaments, or what? Could someone give me a rundown of the situation, please?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
The ATP event simply got moved to Nottingham. No reason was given but it might be that the enlarged field of 48 would have meant too many matches for the one venue.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
May have been too many matches for the grass. Gotta take care of the grass.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This move to Nottingham is just strange to me; surely the ATP should be able to find a better venue than this one with the worn out "grass courts" because the WTA was already there 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
This move to Nottingham is just strange to me; surely the ATP should be able to find a better venue than this one with the worn out "grass courts" because the WTA was already there 2 weeks ago.

ATP is just doing WTA a favor cause WTA can't find other places to locate for the extra week.

Plus WTA draw is smaller at Nottingham, so the grass worn out is less.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aha, right, thanks. I hadn't registered that the ATP tournament was new - I'd just noted that there was one there, but not what it was.

·
29,645 Posts
To give the north of the UK an accessible place to watch tennis as well instead of everything being London/South-centric.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
To give the north of the UK an accessible place to watch tennis as well instead of everything being London/South-centric.
:lol:

You are talking like there are thousands of miles of distance.

It`s a small country. Those who lived in North and South America and Russia :lol: about that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts