Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he has serious chances to outlast Cilic (likely going to be a 5 setter) and take advantage on Djokovic on SF, because Novak has been untested in what goes of the tournament... what real opponent? Sandgren? Sousa? Fucsovic? Gasquet (who is clueless how to play the Big 3..), Millman??

I think if Kei keeps his form he has a huge chance to reach the final, he is flying under the radar. Kei match vs Cilic will be 50/50. I see Kei being potentially far more dangerous to Novak than Cilic would (although he has his chances aswell) , because Kei depends far less on serve and has a more solid baseline game when his whole game is clicking.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Cilic is peaking, will be a tough job to get to SF.

·
Registered
492 Posts
putting too much faith in Kei. both Kei and Cilic are fantastic players but Cilic has a slight mental edge over Kei, especially this deep in a major. Even if Kei somehow gets through Cilic, its silly to think he can do the same with Novak, Kei has zero self-belief against Novak, doesn't matter the conditions.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i don't anything aginst kei, but i wanna see novak winning an another slam

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
What a joke. Nishikori is a perfect matchup for Djokovic, regardless of the form Djokovic's in. Nishikori can take one set and be happy to lose.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Most importantly, Novak's serve is working like a charm right now...whereas Kei's serve is nothing special...I just don't see how he is gonna beat Novak unless he totally dominates Novak from baseline

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Kei can stay with Novak in the baseline,but he will need to raise his game level in order to beat Nole.
I think he have the tennis to beat Novak,but it will be difficult for him to find his great form

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
he looked godawful against Cilic. Better lift to have a 1% chance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts