Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://zeenews.india.com/sports/ten...ovak-djokovic-says-former-mentor_1586467.html

"Kei is hitting the ball harder and controlling opponents more than last year," Matsuoka said in an interview.

"He has a decent chance of winning the French Open. He`s knocking on the door, for certain. I`m not being biased but he plays better tennis than Djokovic or (Rafa) Nadal."

"For me there are two true geniuses in the game -- Federer and Kei," added Matsuoka. "Their touch, their creativity. Kei still has to win a grand slam but he is playing super tennis and can smash that wall down."
________________________________________________________________________________________

I personally feel that if not for his delicate body he would have been challenging Djokovic on a regular basis and would have split GS with Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
http://zeenews.india.com/sports/ten...ovak-djokovic-says-former-mentor_1586467.html

"Kei is hitting the ball harder and controlling opponents more than last year," Matsuoka said in an interview.

"He has a decent chance of winning the French Open. He`s knocking on the door, for certain. I`m not being biased but he plays better tennis than Djokovic or (Rafa) Nadal."

"For me there are two true geniuses in the game -- Federer and Kei," added Matsuoka. "Their touch, their creativity. Kei still has to win a grand slam but he is playing super tennis and can smash that wall down."
________________________________________________________________________________________

I personally feel that if not for his delicate body he would have been challenging Djokovic on a regular basis and would have split GS with Djokovic.
Seriously? we are going to change and modify imaginary bodies just to justify some sort of "pitty-shame he would be this great"

Maybe Djokovic lenght would destroy all his other weapons? having a shorter body gives low center of gravity and you can tip tap to the ball easier then big guys.. hence how he can steer the balls so well.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
What a public pep talk to his former charge :lol:

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I wouldn't read too much into what Matsuoka says, though. He's not Nishikori's "former coach", but more like a cheerleader according to what I read somewhere. I think Nishikori only participated in the camp organized by him when he was a little kid, or something like that.

Incidentally, I was at Wimbledon with my parents when Matsuoka reached QF there. When was it? Good memories.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Seriously? Ridiculous.:smash: :eek: Another Djokovic bashing thread. Haters are in panic and on the rampage. :yawn: :stupid:

·
Registered
11,145 Posts

I respect Kei, but his former coach is delusional.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
That will make Djokovic even more angry next time they play so he could bagel Kei in every set. Interesting that no one said something
when Isner beat all new "young" stars in a row. Dimitrov,Raonic,Nishikori in Miami.

·
Banned
923 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Genius Federer can't even beat Nadal at any Slam outside Wimbledon:haha::haha:

Slamless Kori straightsetted by Wawrinka at AO:superlol::superlol:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Genius Federer can't even beat Nadal at any Slam outside Wimbledon:haha::haha:

Slamless Kori straightsetted by Wawrinka at AO:superlol::superlol:
but spanked Faker at USO in 4 sets and gave him a bagel in his so called peak 2011 on HC :bigwave:

·
Registered
340 Posts
[if not for his delicate body he would have been
I wonder why everytime someone has to mention Nishikori's frail body...

If not for a frail body, Djokovic wud hav won multiple slams before 2010 itself...

If not for a frail body, Nadal might have already matched Fed's tally of Grandslams...

There is no place for ifs & buts if u ask me....just hard facts that Nishi is yet to win a single GS.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Everybody is a Fedtard at heart, even DjokoDal fans secretly

·
Registered
821 Posts

The word genius and federer in the same line....lol...it doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
While Kei is no doubt one of the true tennis geniuses of our time, I almost think he's becoming overrated at this point, he will most likely not win a "few" slams, and he will probably always have a really hard time against certain players, aggression, talent and shotmaking can only take you so far if you don't have to mental fortitude and willpower of an absolute champion. Kei will probably bag a few masters though. I'll be happy with a Nalby like career.

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Tutsi Frutsi is the Noletard version of tennis_commentat. Wow.

Anyways Nishikori is a genuine tennis player, great hand-eye coordination. Great movement. But he's not a very creative player. His game doesn't have a lot of similarities with Federer's.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts