Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quality wise for sure, won't you agree? And don't counter me with a match like Nadal - Djokovic at Roland Garros last year, which is heavily overrated because of the drama.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Coria deserves a RG title

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coria deserves a RG title
He got one. And then he choked it away.

Never too late for a comeback of course, he's only one month older than Ferrer :lol:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He got one. And then he choked it away.

Never too late for a comeback of course, he's only one month older than Ferrer :lol:
That's the biggest heartbreak in tennis history.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Fully agreed. Fedtards tend to make Rome 06 the GOAT Claycourt match, but this was much better. It's a travesty Coria doesn't have a RG title.

Rafa showed what a fighter he is, looked down and out in the fifth but played his heart out

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Fully agreed. Fedtards tend to make Rome 06 the GOAT Claycourt match, but this was much better. It's a travesty Coria doesn't have a RG title.

Rafa showed what a fighter he is, looked down and out in the fifth but played his heart out
Nadal and Coria are the two greatest clay court players before Djokovic rises to the scene. Federer is the 4th best only behind Djokovic and Coria

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like so many others from that era Coria faded away at a ridiculously young age. This was pretty much his last push, being 23 years of age, mentally crushed by a lost Grand Slam final.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nadal and Coria are the two greatest clay court players before Djokovic rises to the scene. Federer is the 4th best only behind Djokovic and Coria
LOL, are you from Mars?!? How is Djokovic better than Federer on clay. Djokovic's movement is abyssmal on grass and clay, he simply can't keep his balance. Federer even leads the H2H on clay...Djokovic is not even in the top 15 throughout history on clay....

Anyway, I agree this one was one of the great matches if not the greatest.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Like so many others from that era Coria faded away at a ridiculously young age. This was pretty much his last push, being 23 years of age, mentally crushed by a lost Grand Slam final.
He struggled with injury,missing RG since 2006.
Unfortunate for him not making the RG final in 2005 as he had tight battle in the finals of Rome and Monte-Carlo with Nadal that year

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
He struggled with injury, Missed RG since 2006.
Unfortunate for him not making the RG final in 2005 as he had tight battle in the finals of Rome and Monte-Carlo with Nadal that year
As much as i like Coria's game.
Peak Claydenko > Peak Coria :shrug:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
LOL, are you from Mars?!? How is Djokovic better than Federer on clay. Djokovic's movement is abyssmal on grass and clay, he simply can't keep his balance. Federer even leads the H2H on clay...Djokovic is not even in the top 15 throughout history on clay....

Anyway, I agree this one was one of the great matches if not the greatest.
Stop posting forever.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He struggled with injury,missing RG since 2006.
Yeah, I believe the double fault saga started then, which was related to injury.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Fedtard, admit it, your idol's RG win is the flukiest in tennis history

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol at people diminishing Davydenko's clay abilities. :haha:
VS Nadal at Rome :wavey:
VS Fed at RG :wavey:
VS Gaudio at RG :wavey:
:wavey: watch some of them and come back
I'm not diminishing his abilities at all, he was great, but Coria was simply on a higher level at his best. Davydenko never played like Coria did in this match.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Stop posting forever.
You are funny :), aren't you. Should I spell out everything in my posts just so you are able to understand what I mean? His movement on clay and grass is in fact abyssmal when you compare it to his HC movement. Also, there are at least a dozen inherently better movers on clay, even from the current generation (Ferrer, Nadal, Federer, Simon, Robredo, etc...)

Keep posting though, at least you will manage to amuse some of us.

I apologize for this offtopic post. This was my last comment regarding this issue.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts