Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, the year 2020 in tennis is really something else.

According to local prosecutors, Basilashvili assaulted his ex-wife in a country house near Tbilisi on May 21st. He was arrested. The court today determined he could be released on bail of ~$31K. The main hearing is scheduled on July 16th. His attorney says Basilashvili denies any wrongdoing.
Links to the news in Russian:

·
Registered
732 Posts
He is going to lose alot of fans.

Zero tolerance for wife beaters

How long has the lockdown been in Georgia ? There has obviously been a surge in domestic violence.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
He is going to lose alot of fans.

Zero tolerance for wife beaters

How long has the lockdown been in Georgia ? There has obviously been a surge in domestic violence.
I totally agree with your sentiments, but this doesn't look like typical domestic violence. Apparently his dad was arrested along with him, which is odd. And it was his ex-wife, so presumably it didn't happen in family home?

Looks like a dysfunctional family tearing itself apart.

That doesn't excuse him if he exercised violence of course.

But I'll still reserve judgement until more details emerge.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Can´t believe it. I always liked him!

·
Your visions will happen
47,294 Posts
I want to know the full story before passing judgement

These women lie about this shit all the time, looking for money or to take down a man simply for the sick pleasure or out of spite because maybe he is with a hotter younger girl. Obviously a reason why she is the EX-Wife. Still though, even if she was being unreasonable with the ultimate goal to get him to snap and use it against him, he cannot allow such a woman to get him off center. Yes maybe she was acting out of pocket. That's just what some women do. As a man you must simply remove yourself from the situation before it escalates. Now he's fucked because the legal courts as well as the court of public opinion is almost always very pro-woman.

Let us see the full story as it comes out before rushing to judgement

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

These women lie about this shit all the time, looking for money or to take down a man simply for the sick pleasure or out of spite because maybe he is with a hotter younger girl. Obviously a reason why she is the EX-Wife

So much this.

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
oh wow. i want to know the whole story before i say anything. obviously this is terrible if he actuallyu did it. he just didnt seem like the type of guy who'd do something like this but i've been wrong in the past

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I will refrain from any premature comments.

#BelieveFacts

As far as making an unqualified assumption on the situation, he doesn't really seem the type. More reserved and held back, if it indeed happened, I'd guess it were a situation where he was provoked and baited and let loose.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
The person we should be concerned about is the child. You all can take sides in the reality TV "he said she said" element of this but the truth is that the real victims in these situations are the children, sometimes the damage isn't revealed until years later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shame, I always thought he was hot.

These women lie about this shit all the time, looking for money or to take down a man simply for the sick pleasure or out of spite because maybe he is with a hotter younger girl. Obviously a reason why she is the EX-Wife. Still though, even if she was being unreasonable with the ultimate goal to get him to snap and use it against him, he cannot allow such a woman to get him off center. Yes maybe she was acting out of pocket. That's just what some women do. As a man you must simply remove yourself from the situation before it escalates. Now he's fucked because the legal courts as well as the court of public opinion is almost always very pro-woman.

It is a fact that fake reports of this nature are very, very rare. Here in Spain, for example, the far right has been a pain in the ass about false r-a-p-e reports saying that they happen all the time when, as a matter of fact, the numbers from the police say that only 0.01% of all r-a-p-e reports were found to be false. So, yeah...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Here's another article:

While it's true that we may not "know all the facts," it's highly unlikely that they would arrest a high-profile athlete like this without some evidence.

Does anybody know how long the two have been divorced?

·
Your visions will happen
47,294 Posts
The person we should be concerned about is the child. You all can take sides in the reality TV "he said she said" element of this but the truth is that the real victims in these situations are the children, sometimes the damage isn't revealed until years later.
Yes this is true as well

Vast majority of criminals and social malcontents come from single parent homes

Myself included

·
Your visions will happen
47,294 Posts
Yeah well we all thought that Johnny Depp was the aggressor vs Amber Heard but when the real story came out, we learned the truth of her sabotage. A woman can punch herself in the face and call the cops and they would arrest the man no questions asked. I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying that has happened before.

As for the trial, if he is convicted, better to take the 200-400 hours of community service than 1-3 years in jail. You could knock out that community service during off weeks 40 hrs/week for 5-10 weeks vs 1-3 years in jail is a very easy decision if he can get that.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts