Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows why? :confused:

The guy is 18 years old, was top 1 junior last year without playing a single pro match and lost today to a frenchman ranked outside the top 600 in straight sets 6-3 6-3 in a Future in Tunisia.

Haven't seen him play but doesn't look that promising and he's not even German.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
I think you answered your own question there. He has been junior world #1 - whilst that might not mean anything in terms of playing ability when transitioning to seniors it does mean something when it comes to getting WCs.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I thought Tipsarevic would be getting a Wild Card but he's not even in the draw :confused:

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
wow, i didn't even heard this guy and i'm following low level tennis closely. not even one MTF member hyped this kid.
MTF wasn't totally silent though.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/search.php?searchid=6738770

My guess, top 50 player at least in 5-6 years time.

Krajinovic at his 18, four years ago, was no.170 and then it took him 4 years after an injury to get again back at no.170 just last month.

It's really tough world out there for promising teenagers these days, only the fittest shall survive.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=29EC224593D363F0!423&app=Excel

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you answered your own question there. He has been junior world #1 - whilst that might not mean anything in terms of playing ability when transitioning to seniors it does mean something when it comes to getting WCs.
But he didn't played a single pro match until months ago.

Zverev is the actual top 1, is German, is younger and looks far more promising. And he is there also, he recieved a QWC. That's my point, why Milojevic and not him?

And Quinzi? Garin?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
wow, i didn't even heard this guy and i'm following low level tennis closely. not even one MTF member hyped this kid.
he was junior world number 1 like 1 year ago man :spit:

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
Nice doubles wildcards for Lajovic/Lu and Arguello/Pena Lopez...what a shit tournament this is.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
i think this guy is showing so far its not the right way to be a top player just playing juniors until you are 18. playing futures and challengers is very important imo...they help you to make the transition between juniors and pro tour easier, and its not an easy one

starting being junior number 1 as a player ranked outside top 1000 is not that easy...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well they better give him a chance at least he showed some promise than give it to some old useless player who we all know will do nothing,

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Well they better give him a chance at least he showed some promise than give it to some old useless player who we all know will do nothing,
this

1 - 20 of 22 Posts