18,058 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
Weeks later and finally the US media is picking up the story. So tragic, and I think it might be too late for most of those girls. Terrible, and I cannot even begin to imagine the separate horror both these girls and their families must be going through. All because they wanted to get an education.

Extremists are horrific.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Weeks later and finally the US media is picking up the story. So tragic, and I think it might be too late for most of those girls. Terrible, and I cannot even begin to imagine the separate horror both these girls and their families must be going through. All because they wanted to get an education.

Extremists are horrific.
And crazy extremists even worse. The quotes I read from the so called leader of the group; :crazy:

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Craziness and extremism go hand in hand. When you hear someone talk so casually about selling those girls it becomes a whole new sort of chilling altogether. Let's hope it is not too late for those girls.

·
RAVE ON
18,478 Posts
yes this news i am having nausea from reading so much politics forgot to add the news sorry for this
It is not politics, it is religion and specifically, Islam.

You can say that this is not Islam, but then you have the Sultan of Brunei bringing in Sharia law, which means women are going to be stoned to death if they are *****, because it is always the woman's fault under Sharia. The Sultan of Brunei is not considered a terrorist or extremist, but one of the world's leading Muslim rulers.

·
RAVE ON
18,478 Posts

Extremists are horrific.
So many posters always seem to delight in saying the US media ignores everything. I do not understand why. It is as if they had brainwashed themselves into blaming the US media automatically, even though they apparently don't even read it.

I do not know what you read, but the US media "picked up" this story immediately it happened.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Off topic but Nigeria is actually one of the countries that gives Africa a very bad name. Drug-peddlers, Gold-diggers, Swindlers, Womanizers, "Christian" Con-artists, Blackmailers....the list goes on. I thought only I felt this way but never spoke it out loud, but after this incident I googled up and checked that "Nigeria is a bad place" is actually a general feeling on the net. It comes up on the search hints in many variations!

Really sad to be branded in that stereotype. Hope some good Nigerians are reading this and stay in their country and contribute to its progress instead of fleeing into other countries and harming them from inside.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Off topic but Nigeria is actually one of the countries that gives Africa a very bad name. Drug-peddlers, Gold-diggers, Swindlers, Womanizers, "Christian" Con-artists, Blackmailers....the list goes on. I thought only I felt this way but never spoke it out loud, but after this incident I googled up and checked that "Nigeria is a bad place" is actually a general feeling on the net. It comes up on the search hints in many variations!

Really sad to be branded in that stereotype. Hope some good Nigerians are reading this and stay in their country and contribute to its progress instead of fleeing into other countries and harming them from inside.
I watched a TV special one time and this guy was visiting Nigeria and there was a shooting in a small neighborhood. The people of the neighborhood got together to try and crack the case . The American visiting suggested calling the police but that was shot down immediately because of the corruption. Calling the police was the absolute last thing in the world any of them were going to do.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
There is no hope for them. It's a lost cause. Oh well, as long we can keep the third-worldness contained, like a disease, then we'll be alright.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
There is no hope for them. It's a lost cause. Oh well, as long we can keep the third-worldness contained, like a disease, then we'll be alright.
This is the most ridiculous thing one could ever say.

Tell me more about the giant social disease and white trashiness from the US people (and Europe too, but not as extreme). We'd be having a good time, laughing.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still no one sign of going forward to rescue the girls, imagine what they feel being forced to "marry" and what their families feel...
I blame the Muslim world in not fighting radical ideas enough...

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
This is the most ridiculous thing one could ever say.

Tell me more about the giant social disease and white trashiness from the US people (and Europe too, but not as extreme). We'd be having a good time, laughing.
What?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
It's generally best to stick to the US centered topics to avoid experiencing this type of confusion
Sorry, I just want someone to speak English proper syntax so I know what they're saying.

(the passive aggressive inferiority complex is tangible)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Twin explosions in Nigeria!!

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts