4. Reda El Amrani
5.Bogdan Leonte
6. Sunil-Kumar Sipayea
7.Alexander Slabinsky
8. Blazej Koniusz

First round
(1)Catalin Gard (ROU) d. (q)Andrei Stoliarov (RUS) 6-3 6-3
Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) d. (q)Taiwo Owolabi (NGR) 6-0 6-2
Anas Fattar (MAR) d. Danila Arsenov (RUS) 7-5 7-6(7)
(5)Bogdan Leonte (ROU) d. (LL)Damian Hume (RSA) 6-1 6-4
Boy Westerhof (NED) d. (3)Antal van der Duim NED) 7-6(5) 6-3
Idan Mark (ISR) d. (WC)Jonathan Igbinovia (NGR) 6-4 7-5
(WC)Abdulmumini Babalola (NGR) d. (WC)Lawal Shehu (NGR) 4-6 6-1 6-4
(8)Blazej Koniusz (POL) d. Candy Idoko (NGR) 6-3 6-4
(6)Sunil-Kumar Sipayea (IND) d. John McGahon (IRL) 7-6(6) 6-1
Valentin Sanon (CIV) d. (q)Michael Nortey (GHA) 6-0 6-2
Richard Ruckelshausen (AUT) d. Navdeep Singh (IND) 6-2 5-7 6-3
(4)Reda El Amrani (MAR) d. (q)Sunday Emmanuel (NGR) 6-1 6-1
(7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) d. Alain Ntamag (FRA) 6-4 6-4
(q)Rupesh Roy (IND) d. (q)Sonny Adamu (NGR) 6-2 6-0
(q)Destiny Ford Da Silva (NGR) d. (WC)Augustine Nwokedi (NGR) 7-6(5) 7-6(4)
(2)Amir Weintraub (ISR) d. Heinrich Heyl (RSA) 6-1 6-3

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doubles
Seeds (cut:none)
1. Antal Van Der Duim/Boy Westerhof
2. Idan Mark/Amir Weintraub
3. Reda El Amrani/Anas Fattar
4. Bogdan Leonte/Valentin Sanon

First Round
(1)Antal Van Der Duim/Boy Westerhof (NED) vs Alain Ntamag/Aboubacar Sigue (FRA/BUR)
Rupesh Roy/Sunil-Kumar Sipayea (IND) vs Candy Idoko/Lawal Shehu (NGR)
(3)Reda El Amrani/Anas Fattar (MAR) vs Blazej Koniusz/Eddy Roy-Balummel (POL/GER)
Navdeep Singh/Alexander Slabinsky (IND/GBR) vs Heinrich Heyl/Richard Ruckelshausen (RSA/AUT)
Danila Arsenov/Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) d. (WC)Sonny Adamu/Augustine Nwokedi (NGR) 7-5 6-2
(4)Bogdan Leonte/Valentin Sanon (ROU/CIV) d. (WC)Henry Atseye/Sunday Emmanuel (NGR) 7-6(3) 6-1
Catalin Gard/John McGahon (ROU/IRL) d. Abdul-Mumin Babalola/Jonathan Igbinovia (NGR) 3-6 6-4 (10-8)
(2)Idan Mark/Amir Weintraub (ISR) d. (WC)Toyin Dairo/Destiny Ford Da Silva (NGR) 6-3 6-1

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Second Round
(1)Catalin Gard (ROU) vs. Evgeny Donskoy (RUS)
Anas Fattar (MAR) vs. (5)Bogdan Leonte (ROU)
Boy Westerhof (NED) vs. Idan Mark (ISR)
(WC)Abdulmumini Babalola (NGR) vs. (8)Blazej Koniusz (POL)
(6)Sunil-Kumar Sipayea (IND) vs. Valentin Sanon (CIV)
Richard Ruckelshausen (AUT) vs. (4)Reda El Amrani (MAR)
(7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) vs. (q)Rupesh Roy (IND)
(q)Destiny Ford Da Silva (NGR) vs. (2)Amir Weintraub (ISR)

·
MONSOON season.
81,957 Posts
Weintraub lost to Da Silva

Da Silva creates upset •Dreams final ticket
JULIUS OKORIE
It was a day of celebration for Nigeria’s Destiny Da-Silva yesterday at the on going Governor’s Cup as he rose above challenges to cruise into the first futures quarter finals.
Da-Silva, who equally survived heat of the qualifiers to make it into the main draw last week, took the challenge into the corners of No. 2 Seed, Amir Weintraub of Israel in an encounter that lasted over two hours.
At the end of the battle, it was Da-Silva that ran away with a 7-6(5) 7-6 (3) victory to the delight of his fans and compatriots who had stormed the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club to enjoy the best of tennis.
An elated Da Silva said after the game that his qualification to the quarter-final of the Governor’s Cup was a God given victory and a well-deserved one for him.
"I’m happy for this feat. I knew that my people did not give me the chance at all in this match. This is a victory for every Nigerian playing in this year’s tournament.
"I want to assure that I will take my next game with determination and remain focused. I know that my dream of playing n the final will be achieved," he said even as he prepares to take on Slabinsky Alexander of Britain in one of the quarterfinal ties.
It was not however sweet story for compatriot, Abdulmumuni Babalola as he was stopped 6-4, 6-3 by Koniusz Blazej of Poland.

·
MONSOON season.
81,957 Posts
Article:

Oceanic Bank Targets World Champions

This Day (Lagos)

NEWS
12 December 2007
Posted to the web 12 December 2007

By Femi Solaja
Lagos
The Managing Director of Oceanic Bank Nigeria Plc, Mrs. Cecilia Ibru, yesterday restated her company's commitment to the growth of tennis and sports in general in the country.
The Chief Executive Officer of the bank, made the declaration at the official opening ceremony of the 7th edition of the annual tournament which entered day-six yesterday. She said the bank's vision for the Championship is to see the ITF approved tournament in Nigeria producing a world-class tennis player for the country in the future.
GA_googleFillSlot("AllAfrica_Other_Inset");
"Our plans for the Governor's Cup among other things, is to engage Nigerian youths positively through sports. We want to do this in order to equip them for the future.
"Our ultimate aim for this tourney is that we want the Oceanic sponsored Governor's Cup to produce world class champions who will be among the top stars in a Grand Slam like the Wimbledon open.
She was satisfied with the standard of this year's championship as well as the performance of Nigerian players who are having early exit in the first leg of the tournament.
"I am impressed with the performance of Jonathan Igbinovia whom I watched at the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club during the opening ceremony," she commented.
Meanwhile, Igbinovia extended Nigeria's losing streak to top seeded players as he crashed out to superior power play of Mark Idan of Israel in two straight sets of 6-4, 7-5
The Edo State born player could not match up with the high display of his Israeli counterpart, Mark Idan. He fell like a pack of card in straight sets game that ended 6-4, 7-5.
In other matches decided yesterday, Nigerian Ronke Akingbade submitted to the superior power of Maria-Jones Argeri of Argentina in straight game 6-4, 6-1.
Fatima Abinu could not go past the first round as Rosana De Los-Rios stopped her. Moroccan El Armai Reda 6-1, 6-1, beat Sunday Emmanuel.
Amir Weintraub advanced to the second round after he defeated South African Heinrich Heyl. Boy Westerhof stopped his compatriot Antal Van Der Duim from cruising to the second round in a game that ended 7-6, 6-3. Second round games begin today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SINGLE RESULTS SECOND ROUND​

(1)Catalin Gard (ROU) vs. (q)Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) 6-3 6-7(7) 6-7(5)

Anas Fattar (MAR) vs. (5)Bogdan Leonte (ROU) 6-4 6-4

Boy Westerhof (NED) vs. Idan Mark (ISR) 7-6(3) 6-4

(WC)Abdulmumini Babalola (NGR) vs. (8)Blazej Koniusz (POL) 4-6 3-6

(6)Sunil-Kumar Sipayea (IND) vs. Valentin Sanon (CIV) 1-6 3-6

Richard Ruckelshausen (AUT) vs. (4)Reda El Amrani (MAR) 6-4 5-7 1-4 ret.

(7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) vs. (q)Rupesh Roy (IND) 3-6 6-3 6-3

(q)Destiny Ford Da Silva (NGR) vs. (2)Amir Weintraub (ISR) 7-6(5) 7-6(3)

·
Registered
133 Posts
SINGLE MAIN DRAW QUARTERFINAL​

(q)Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - Anas Fattar (MAR)

Boy Westerhof (NED) - (8)Blazej Koniusz (POL)

Valentin Sanon (CIV) - (4)Reda El Amrani (MAR)

(7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) - (q)Destiny Ford Da Silva (NGR)

·
Registered
133 Posts
DOUBLE RESULTS SECOND ROUND​

(1)Antal Van Der Duim/Boy Westerhof (NED) - Candy Idoko/Lawal Shehu (NGR) 6-4 6-3

(3)Reda El Amrani/Anas Fattar (MAR) - Navdeep Singh/Alexander Slabinsky (IND/GBR) 6-4 6-7(5) [7-10]

Danila Arsenov/Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - (4)Bogdan Leonte/Valentin Sanon (ROU/CIV) 4-6 7-5 [14-12]

Catalin Gard/John McGahon (ROU/IRL) - (2)Idan Mark/Amir Weintraub (ISR) 6-7(5) 1-6

·
Registered
133 Posts
DOUBLE MAIN DRAW SEMIFINAL​

(1)Antal Van Der Duim/Boy Westerhof (NED) - Navdeep Singh/Alexander Slabinsky (IND/GBR)

Danila Arsenov/Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - (2)Idan Mark/Amir Weintraub (ISR)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Great wins for Slabinsky. I hope he keeps it going against all that Destiny holds in store :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
SINGLE RESULT QUARTERFINAL​

(q)Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - Anas Fattar (MAR) 6-3 6-3

Boy Westerhof (NED) - (8)Blazej Koniusz (POL) 6-1 6-4

Valentin Sanon (CIV) - (4)Reda El Amrani (MAR) 5-7 6-4 0-2 RET.

(7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) - (q)Destiny Ford Da Silva (NGR) 7-5 4-0 RET.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SINGLE MAIN DRAW SEMIFINAL​

(q)Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - Boy Westerhof (NED)

(4)Reda El Amrani (MAR) - (7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR)

·
Registered
133 Posts
DOUBLE RESULT SEMIFINAL​

(1)Antal Van Der Duim/Boy Westerhof (NED) - Navdeep Singh/Alexander Slabinsky (IND/GBR) 4-6 6-3 [6-10]

Danila Arsenov/Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - (2)Idan Mark/Amir Weintraub (ISR) 6-4 2-6 [5-10] :D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Destiny Ford Da Silva good tournament for him :yeah:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
SINGLE MAIN DRAW SEMIFINAL​

(q)Evgeny Donskoy (RUS) - Boy Westerhof (NED) 7-6 6-7 1-6

(4)Reda El Amrani (MAR) - (7)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) El Amrani won

SINGLE MAIN DRAW FINAL​

Boy Westerhof (NED) - (4)Reda El Amrani (MAR) 6-3 6-4