Mens Tennis Forums banner

Nicolas's website

4K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  Kezzi 
#1 · (Edited)
I went looking on www.nicolaslapentti.com to see if the website was ready. But I could only see the 'parent directory', I decided to click on a few links I could see and I think the website is almost ready. When I clicked on template I found this part of the website and you can click on galeria too :D . Really nice pictures there, they were on the old website already, but I still love them every time I see them :hearts: .
I think the website looks great already :D .

And girls, look at 'estado civil' :angel: ;)

#2 ·
thanks for telling, kezzi, i´d probably haven´t tried it so soon again without you telling about it!
it´s really interesting have a look around and it´s great that these amazing pictures are online again. did you know that they are part of a calendar of nico?! a friend if mine has it and the pix look so much better in the tall version of the calendar, unbelievable :drool:

#6 ·
yeah my friend got it from sara aswell. i can´t remember why i didn´t buy it back then :mad:
i´m pretty sure she doesn´t have any left, but if i´d definitely need to get that, too! what a man ;)

#16 ·
Hi all

In answer to your question, the two little girls are Giovanna (the one with curly hair at the back) and Clarice (sp?) is the one in the front. Giovanna is Nico's sister, Carolina's little girl (age about 3 years maybe a little less) and Clarice is Chilita's second child (I think she is nearly 2 years old).

Giovanna is a lovely vivacious little girl - certainly takes after her namesake uncle!

Sara V

#23 ·
Re the guy in red in the middle of the pic of Giovanni and Nico - that's Leonardo - Nico's youngest sibling.

Re Chilita: - in full its Maria Cecilia - and she is Nico's older sister.
Because the Spanish/latin way of naming their children is the first daughter gets called after the mother and the first son after the father etc, it means there are two Maria Cecilia's (shorted to Chila because MC is such a long name) and two Nicolas' (shortened to Nico). Therefore, I believe the family have come up with a second shortened name for Chila being Chilita (ie little or younger Chila). The same for Nico but I will leave you to work out the derivative!

Sara V

#24 ·
Hey, there's a new entry!The site is aliveeee!
La mañana de este viernes fue muy positiva para el equipo Ecuatoriano de copa david ya que tanto Avellán como Campozano consiguieron los dos primeros puntos y así ponerse adelante en la serie que se juega ante Antillas Holandesas. A primera hora el Guayaquileño Carlos Avellán venció contundentemente a Rasid Winklaar 6-2 6-2 6-0. Mientras que a segunda hora Julio Campozano tuvo algunas complicaciones pero al final pudo vencer a Alexander Blom 6-4 6-1 6-2. Así Ecuador se pone en ventaja en la serie que se disputa ante Antillas Holandesas a la espera del partido de dobles que se jugará mañana.
This is just a recap of what happened today, but it give us hopes we'll see and hear sthg about Nicolas too, as he plays tomorrow:angel:

#26 ·
UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDAAATE!!!​
Hi guys, finally there's some movement in Nico's site![greetings for its webby]:D
Here's a copy of what they say:
after: http://www.nicolaslapentti.com/ -->
Nicolás Lapentti partió rumbo a Inglaterra
"El tenista ecuatoriano Nicolás Lapentti partió este jueves rumbo a Inglaterra para participar en el Nottingham Open, a desarrollarse en la ciudad del mismo nombre, este torneo marcara su debut sobre superficie de césped y servirá como preparación para lo que será su participación en el torneo Grand Slam de Wimbledon a fines de junio. En contacto exclusivo con TenisEcuador.com, el guayaquileño se mostro muy motivado de cara a los torneos que tendrá que disputar en lo que resta del 2007, aunque se manifestó un poco cauto en el tema de intentar superar su marca en el torneo más famoso de Inglaterra, en donde en el 2002 logro meterse en cuartos de final, "Físicamente no voy en mis mejores condiciones, para disputar un Grand Slam, jugar 3 o 4 partidos a veces es importante, Wimbledon es un torneo que siempre me ha gustado jugar, no son puntos ni partidos muy largos y eso te hace sentir muy cómodo" Lapentti, quien se encuentra en la etapa final de recuperación de la intervención a la que tuvo que ser sometido por una hernia inguinal en meses pasados, tiene planificado bajo el mando del coach uruguayo Enrique Perez disputar los torneos de Nottingham y Wimbledon sobre césped, posteriormente volverá a la superficie de arcilla en los torneos de Gstaad en Suiza, Stuttgart en Alemania, Kitzbuhel en Austria y Sopot en Polonia, finalmente regresa al continente americano para ser parte de la gira de torneos en canchas duras que componen el Máster de Montreal en Canadá, Cincinnati, New Haven y el Us Open en los Estados Unidos de Norteamérica."
:banana:

#28 ·
Yes, it's alive and give signs of it every day!
My spanish isn't great either, but briefly that's what was in this entry:

Nico [ecuadorian tennis player...why do they always have to add that?] left for Nottingham on thursday to take part in his first grass event, that serves him as preparation for Wimbledon. As he revealed exclusively to TenisEcuador.com, he feels strongly motivated for this years' upcoming tournaments. He is a little cautious about his participation in this nearest Grand Slam event though[ in which he got to the QF in 2002], as he still doesn't feel confident physically. He's now at the final stage of his recovery after having a hernia inguinal surgery [in march this year]. He said he always liked to play Wimbledon, there are no long rallies for the point, matches usually don't last very long and that makes him feel very comfortable. He and his Uruguayan coach,Enrique Perez,decided he'd play Nottingham and Wimbledon [grass], then back to europen clay events in Gstaad, Stuttgart, Kitbuehel and Sopot, and the american tour afterwards [Masters in Montreal, Cinncy, New Haven & US Open].

The latest update is on Nico&Agustin winning 1st round in doubles:

They needed an hour and eleven minutes to defeat the brits, Richard Bloomfield and Jonathan Marray, with a result 7-6(4) 6-1. Nico said after the match that the first set was very difficult, in the second one they played much better, got fast to the 5-0 and being more effective they finished the set with a 6-1 win. Now they will face Jamie Murray [presently called best british doubles player:p ]and Eric Butorac [USA], who won against Stephen Huss and James Auckland 6-4 7-6(7).
When asked about his feelings before the singles match,[against Vacek, Tuesday, court #3], he replied his body responds well. Although he feels a little tired, as the balls are heavier [cough cough..nah, tennis balls he meant],this surface requires using other muscles, what makes the back get tired more rapidly-but it's normal, and he's getting accustomed to it.
+they blah blah general info bout Nottingham Open...
all to be found at http://www.nicolaslapentti.com/ and http://tenisecuador.com/
[where you can also follow the live scores of Lapentti vs Vacek match]
:wavey:

#30 ·
There's a new entry at his site, bout Gstaad. Nothing we wouldn't know, that he'll play Chucho in the 1st round, their H2H etc. But there's one thing bothering me, they wrote: El tenista ecuatoriano Nicolás Lapentti ex numero 8 del mundo y actual # 63 en el ranking de entrada de la ATP~"Nicolas Lapentti, former #8, now #63..".Was I dreaming earlier, as I thought he was world's #6 once?
Bad, baad site for diminishing his accomplishments :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.