Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened after the Lapentti/Roddick match? They showed the boys getting into it after the match. Apparently Nico thought Roddick was faking his cramps?

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, now that Pete's match is over, they're showing the match on ESPN2 where Andy supposedly started cramping. He looked good in that last game (5-4) and suddenly is calling the trainer . . .

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like he got a massage for his calves, but he's walking around normally. Okay, he's also getting bitchy with the chair umpire.

I've never seen cramps treated where the massage stayed completely below the knees. I can definitely see where Nico is coming from.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
mboyle & grag, I agree that the bashing got a bit out of hand, but they took it to their own thread, so no need to get your panties in a twist over here ;)

I think Roddick was being dramatic during the tiebreak, and like I said before I've never seen a player cramp in just his calves. Charley horses hurt like hell, but they can also be so severe that you can't walk before they go away.

I think Nico threw off his smart remark after the match, but Andy didn't have to respond like he did. It's obvious Nico was angry, and I don't blame him, but Andy could have been a bigger man and not responded and tried to pick the fight.

They're both in the wrong, but Roddick brought it on himself by responding, in my opinion.

As for Juan Carlos at Roland Garros, it was Nicolas Coutelot that said Juanqui was faking his ankle because Juan Carlos beat him in five sets, and Coutelot said there was no way he could have played five sets with an ankle injury. THAT was being a sore loser, because everyone knew Juan Carlos was taken to the hospital and treated!

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Rebecca said:

In truth, some of the calls, in a lot of matches that I saw, were dreadful. So I dont blame them
I agree the line-calling has been abismal, but some of the players have gotten a little too bratty, especially when they go to the chair after every little call. The chair umpire on the first day (I don't remember who it was) was also pretty fiery and I couldn't believe some of the things he was saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.