Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27,997 Posts
A lot of the players I've seen have been getting uppity with the chairs, for one. Have these guys not gotten laid in awhile?
In truth, some of the calls, in a lot of matches that I saw, were dreadful. So I dont blame them :eek:

Nicolas Coutelot, btw, was just bitter because he had hoped Ferrero would have to default, and he realized that it was the only hope in hell he would ever have of beating Juan Carlos.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Moving to the topic at hand -

I started out sitting about 15 rows back, but by the last set I was in the front row, behind Lapentti's chair and over a couple feet.

So I was damn close.

I watched the whole match. not once did I notice Andy in pain. I didn't even know why he called the trainer, untill I read in the paper this morning how apparently hobbled he was :rolleyes:

Like I said, I watched the whole match (and I was rooting for Andy btw) and noticed nothing. I couldn't figure out why the trainer was called - he looked the same before, as he did after.

He argued with the ref earlier in the match, and it was amusing. The ref told him to calm down and Andy said something like "I've been trying VERY hard, and I've been being VERY nice. So just stop iit!!!!" then it put up the hand, turned and walked away not letting the ref finished.

I was willing to let that go, assuming it was a young hormonal thing ;) That, and lots of players get pissed like that with the refs.

So anyways, the match ended, they shokehands, and Andy started to turn away, when Lapenttie said something - my freind was standing behind the chair cause she wanted an autograph and said it was basically Lapentti telling Roddick he wasn't a good sport, and pointing out that Roddicks ace at the end was actually out.

I couldnt' hear it all, because Nico was calm and quiet. Andy I could hear word for word mind you :p He even said "fine, so are you going to be a shitty sport?" and yes, he did say "shitty sport", but the rest is paraphrased.

The ref kept saying "Andy, the match is over, Andy, the match is over", and Andy looked like he was ready to jump over the net and throw a punch or something (good thing he didn't, Lapentti looks to be the stronger of the two).

Anyhow, I think Nico's timing to point this out was tacky. But Roddick acted liek a bully on the playground or something - he got totally defensive and acted like a total ass. Nico turned his back a couplee times and Andy kept talking at him, it was ridiculous.

Then he didn't even sign for one kid - I have never ever seen someone not sign when they won the match, untill this :(

· Registered
27,997 Posts
I just wanted to emphasize that I was ten or 15 feet away from the players, and didnt notice his cramps that were so apparently hobbling, according to some reports that I read.

I didn't notice them once.

And i was that close.

However, I dont doubt perhaps he was in pain, but the reports saying it limited his movement are wrong, unless his movement was limited for the entire match and warmup, and the match I saw the day before that, and the match I saw against koubek today.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Pete is such a funny drama queen when he doesn't like a call :p

Andy protests sometimes, its funny - he once went up to the ref and asked why he didn't call a let and the ref was like "I dont know, but I thought I heard sometime" and Andy was like "yeah, it was the ball off the top off the net".

He's a mouthy one he is :eek: lol

Enqvist and Ferrero were both ready to kill the ump, they were funny!

· Registered
27,997 Posts
yeah i saw that one :eek: Well I saw it on TV, I didn't see him play Lee though.

I was watching something else :confused:

Rios Moya maybe?

It was hilarious during the Ferreira match, Pete served what he thought was an ace on match point, but it was called out.

Pete walks to the net, stares at the point, and puts his hand to his head again *snickers*

Well when he turned around, Wayne walks to a point half way between the service line and baseline and taps it with his racquet, indicating that that was how much Pete's serve was out ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.