Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Nico is not popular on Mtf, but I as surprised no one posted the result from last night. It's surprising considering he won Costa do Sauipe and the scoreline indicates a close match.
Since., Nico is one of my favourites and I follow his career I thought I will post this.
Well done Nico, next up Hernandez. I hope Nico wins Bs As too.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Re: Nico Almagro def Vassallo- Argullo 7-6 7-6

Well, he has a big chance at least for quaters :tape:.

·
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Nico Almagro def Vassallo- Argullo 7-6 7-6

Well, he has a big chance at least for quaters :tape:.
Well, I hope it's his breakthrough year. He is so talented that I am surprised he didn't get it together upto now.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
He is talented, no doubt, but his head cracks in the important moments. However the win over Moya in a tight match was important for sure.

·
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is talented, no doubt, but his head cracks in the important moments. However the win over Moya in a tight match was important for sure.
I am sure you are right Nathalia, but I wonder why he had such a difficult match with MVA? Having not seen the match I can't comment. I have been following Nico for 3 years now since I saw him at Suttgart Mercedes Cup 2004. He is so talented and so gorgeous :drool:

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
The fact that he struggled to beat MVA is quite normal considering he only played the final on Sunday, so he would be a little tired from going deep last week. Look what happened to Moya. If he beats his second round opponent today he will get a day rest and might still be competitive in the QF.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Nicolas Almagro is the type of player I could see in the top 10, a French Open champion, obviously he is not the strongest mentally most of the time but I am hoping he can bring it all toghether some day.

·
Banned
218 Posts
He is still only winning pot events, you wait and see how he copes with the masters series and French Open, no doubt he will go out early again. I can see his whole career being like that, and never reaching his potential.

·
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
there are many who are slow starters. Look at Federer he got his major break through in 2003. He just needs confidence and belief in himself. I feel that this is his year. Did you see how he demolished Safin twice? once in Rome 2005, and in Valencia 2006.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts