Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
18,211 Posts
Wont get to see him down in Sydney then... :sad: although to see him lose a 3rd set TB against Janowicz wasn't much fun either.

Is he gonna play in Brisbane or Perth? I really hope he opts for the ATP one, vital points for an AO seeding! (Sydney doesn't matter too much, because the points don't count for AO Seeding anyway)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is he gonna play in Brisbane or Perth? I really hope he opts for the ATP one, vital points for an AO seeding!
It's an interesting one, isn't it? I would think that if he's playing Kooyong, then he almost has to be playing Brisbane - I can't see him playing exhibition tournaments in both weeks leading into the AO.

Then again, he was supposed to play the Hopman Cup this year before pulling out with injury, which normally leads to a "make up" appearance in future years. This "Australia Green" team will need a decent anchor...though I wonder whether it will now actually be Bernie...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Wont get to see him down in Sydney then... :sad: although to see him lose a 3rd set TB against Janowicz wasn't much fun either.

Is he gonna play in Brisbane or Perth? I really hope he opts for the ATP one, vital points for an AO seeding! (Sydney doesn't matter too much, because the points don't count for AO Seeding anyway)
Hope he plays Brisbane, would be clownish if he were to play two Exho's in a row without playing an ATP event :facepalm:. I know Perth isn't an exho but it has the same importance as one.

·
Administrator
18,211 Posts
Hope he plays Brisbane, would be clownish if he were to play two Exho's in a row without playing an ATP event :facepalm:. I know Perth isn't an exho but it has the same importance as one.
Yeah, Brisbane will have a strong field which I think suits Nick.

Onto KL: Anyone but Gasquet would be nice thanks :cool: I feel if he can win his first two matches against mugs (I assume he's seeded 7 or 8) and Gasquet loses early, this could be Nick's week! You never know with him though :scared:

·
Administrator
18,211 Posts
It's an interesting one, isn't it? I would think that if he's playing Kooyong, then he almost has to be playing Brisbane - I can't see him playing exhibition tournaments in both weeks leading into the AO.

Then again, he was supposed to play the Hopman Cup this year before pulling out with injury, which normally leads to a "make up" appearance in future years. This "Australia Green" team will need a decent anchor...though I wonder whether it will now actually be Bernie...
Bernie's a lock for Sydney, so maybe they can pull him into Hopman. Maybe the Kokk?

Anyway, Kooyong is ok, but a mixed doubles tournament, plus probably playing the likes of Panfil and some other mugs, will not do Nick good. If I were him, definitely Brisbane

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Brisbane will have a strong field which I think suits Nick.

Onto KL: Anyone but Gasquet would be nice thanks :cool: I feel if he can win his first two matches against mugs (I assume he's seeded 7 or 8) and Gasquet loses early, this could be Nick's week! You never know with him though :scared:
Gasquet has turned into a bad match up for Nick, hasn't he! :| Makes that first Wimbledon battle last year even more epic! :surprise:

I think Brisbane would be the best choice too! Big match players which usually gets his A game going, plus no points to defend so hopefully helpful towards his much needed AO seeding!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nick has been selected for the Australian Green team in next January's Hopman Cup. His partner will be revealed in the official announcement tomorrow. Probably not great in terms of boosting his ranking ahead of AO but clever in that, along with doing the Kooyong thingie, the ATP can't touch him regarding cumulative fines for naughtiness. So provided he stays clean enough in Valencia and Paris, he should be all good to go for the slam. #PleaseNick

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Hopman Cup schedule for this coming week below. Starting a new job so will likely miss all of Nick's matches except the first set on Sunday. :crying:
Hoping there'll be extended highlights available online somewhere. :unsure:

Order of play - Schedules - Hopman Cup

1 - 20 of 112 Posts