Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tweet confirming Nick's entry in the Tokyo 500 tournament in October.

Michal Samulski ‏@MichalSamulski 52 mins52 minutes ago
Nishikori, Dimitrov, Wawrinka, Kyrgios, Cilic, Gasquet, Monfils, Lopez & Tomic committed to Rakuten Japan Open in Tokyo.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Nick drew Murray.:sad: :eek:
Conspiracy theorists will suggest TA organised this: as a test for the upcoming Davis Cup tie. :eek:

Will be an expletive filled match, a good match to watch! :devil:

May the best F**ker win

·
Registered
363 Posts
He needs a great finish to the year to ensure AO seeding
He's actually in a decent position to do so - don't forget, Nick was beaten by Marinko Matosevic (of all people!) in the first round of KL last year, and then abruptly pulled the plug on his entire season.

So the 90 points from last year's USO is actually all Nick has to defend from now on. Given that he's playing DC, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Shanghai and Paris, and he has a lot of room to add countable tournaments, it's eminently doable if he can fight through the pressure and criticism and doesn't get injured again.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nick's got some interesting doubles partnerships set up for next week! :D

Michal Samulski @MichalSamulski Aug 29
Nick Kyrgios & Thanasi Kokkinakis team up for US Open doubles. Kyrgios will also play mixed doubles with Eugenie Bouchard.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As expected, the Kyrgios v Murray match will headline Tuesday night's session on Arthur Ashe. Scheduled at 7pm local time. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Reason why Nick and Kokkinakis not in the doubles draw. :facepalm: :lol:

Michal Samulski @MichalSamulski Sep 1
Kyrgios & Kokkinakis want to play @usopen doubles together, but they failed to submit entry form on time & now have to rely on withdrawals.
But at least Nick and Genie Bouchard got their Wildcard! :D They play Elina Svitolina/Artem Sitak in R1. Don't expect them to get beyond R2 tho, where they could meet Martina Hingis/Leander Paes! :unsure:

Gaspar Lanca @gasparlanca Sep 1
The long-awaited mixed doubles draw featuring Nick Kyrgios and Genie Bouchard (CONFIRMED) is out!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wonder what Nick's gameplan is for tomorrow. He needs to lower all those silly errors, and predictable dropshots. Ever since his claycourt season, his serve has not shined much. Please Kyrgios, do this for yourself. Be in the zone. Free your mind.

If he beats Murray, he is going all the way.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder what Nick's gameplan is for tomorrow. He needs to lower all those silly errors, and predictable dropshots. Ever since his claycourt season, his serve has not shined much. Please Kyrgios, do this for yourself. Be in the zone. Free your mind.

If he beats Murray, he is going all the way.
He'll likely encounter a still pissed off Wawrinka on the way there tho! :eek:

But yes, those dropshots don't really work with Andy, do they! :facepalm: And he catches Nick out with that frustrating lob almost every time! :smash:

Agree about the drop in his serving percentage too. :sadface: That weapon seemed much more reliable last year/earlier this year! Not sure if he's just not practising it as much, as he focuses on improvement in the other aspects of his game? :shrug:

Also hoping he can completely ignore the inevitable booing when he steps out on court, and focus on getting this win. He's lost to Murray 3 times now. That's enough motivation on it's own! On the positive side, I do think he's been better each time they've faced off, even managing to break Andy a few times at the French Open.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As expected by many, Nick lost 5-7, 3-6, 6-4, 1-6. :sadface:

Positives:-
He's finally won a set against Murray. :cheerleader:
He made Andy really work for the first set win.
He clearly seemed to be making the effort to restrain his behaviour (only really slipping up close to the end)
He had ALOT of break point opportunities so an improvement on previous meetings

Negatives:-
He wasted so many of those breakpoint chances!:smash:
He needs to realise the dropshot does not work with Andy! Stop using it!:mad:
He gifted so many games to Andy through some poor shot selection! So frustrating!

Overall though, I see improvement against Andy, and if he can exercise more of that patience he displayed when he broke Andy to take that 3rd set, I reckon he could get that win the next time.:yeah:

Let's see how they do in Davis Cup (if Nick gets selected, of course. :unsure:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
There's still things Nick has to work on but it was nice to see he created a lot more chances on Murray's serve. Hopefully he can use this as a positive experience towards Davis Cup. Hope he has some fun in the mixed with Genie as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As expected by many, Nick lost 5-7, 3-6, 6-4, 1-6. :sadface:

Positives:-
He's finally won a set against Murray. :cheerleader:
He made Andy really work for the first set win.
He clearly seemed to be making the effort to restrain his behaviour (only really slipping up close to the end)
He had ALOT of break point opportunities so an improvement on previous meetings

Negatives:-
He wasted so many of those breakpoint chances!:smash:
He needs to realise the dropshot does not work with Andy! Stop using it!:mad:
He gifted so many games to Andy through some poor shot selection! So frustrating!

Overall though, I see improvement against Andy, and if he can exercise more of that patience he displayed when he broke Andy to take that 3rd set, I reckon he could get that win the next time.:yeah:

Let's see how they do in Davis Cup (if Nick gets selected, of course. :unsure:)
Yup. This accurately sums it all up. He was in the winning position in so many rallies. Kyrgios either comes up with some random who knows what shot :confused: or Murray hits it into Kyrgios' backhand :facepalm: and the point is lost. :sad:

That backhand though... It's major double edged sword. I just grip my chair every time Murray hit it to that corner. It needs to go.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup. This accurately sums it all up. He was in the winning position in so many rallies. Kyrgios either comes up with some random who knows what shot :confused: or Murray hits it into Kyrgios' backhand :facepalm: and the point is lost. :sad:

That backhand though... It's major double edged sword. I just grip my chair every time Murray hit it to that corner. It needs to go.
When his backhand is on, it can be phenomenal! Especially the cross court shot! But yeah, it's still breaks down under pressure and especially against someone like Andy :rolleyes: I remember Nick Bollettieri suggesting he practise left handed forehands to build confidence in his backhand stroke. Sounds like a sensible way to improve it but without a coach at the moment, who knows if he even tried it! :shrug:

Anywho, his first mixed doubles match with Bouchard is scheduled 4th today on Court 17 (streamed). :) Should be interesting. ;) I really enjoyed the rapport he had with Madison Keys. :p

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
A better performance against murray than usual and no on court antics that got everyone talking again, he behaved himself. im actually relieved

but this gum thing..sorry but thats gross. spit it in the trash or swallow it nick

hoping he can improve his dysmal record in atp events over these last couple of months

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Nick and Genie won their mixed doubles match last night! :dance: 5-7, 6-3, 10-3! Highly entertaining and according to some, flirtatious affair! :secret: Loads of giggling and chatting at every change of ends. :lol: Love seeing this side of Nick! They were an absolute hit with the packed crowd! :yeah:

They play Wimbledon Champs Hingis/Paes tonight on Court 5 so the joyride might end here but maybe they can cause an upset? #ComeOn

1 - 20 of 100 Posts