Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
He plays simply to enjoy the game and have as much fun as possible. Putting the required work to win slams and make it to the top just isn’t what makes him happy and simply isn’t his main goal. Nothing wrong with any of this as happiness is most important and if he’s happy with the way his life and career are going, then there is no reason to change.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
What a clown. Tell us something we don't know, Nick.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I like his brutal honesty. He got a vast amount of talent, but is just too lazy to really dedicate his life for tennis to win big titles.

Nothing wrong with that. Nick Kyrgios doesn't own you shit. Besides, he already justified his existence by roasting Nadal three times.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Day will come when he regrets not having given everything

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
It's easier to not check every box, give these types of excuses and then lose, rather than give it everything and still lose.

The latter would be more soul destroying for Nick Kyrgios.

Let's be honest. He can do well and win big matches, but I think it's a stretch to put him in the slam bracket.

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
he's so weird.

he's not far removed at all.

probably just doesnt want to feel like losing would be failing

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I understand where he's coming from. It's a shame and a waste of talent, but you can't dictate to others how they should live their lives.

I used to play tennis at a reasonably good level when I was younger. When I was 13, I quit. Part of the reason for that was that I didn't think I would get to ATP level. But a big part of that was that I was sick of playing tennis. I just didn't care any more. I didn't want to hit a ball over a net any more!

I can entirely understand how he feels. Not everyone can be massively passionate about being the best that they can be.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
In the last three seasons he's been averaging 26 wins and 15 losses, making about million dollars in prize money (after tax deduction) and probably at least as much from sponsors, endorsements etc. staying as fresh as possible for his real passions.

It is about 50.000 per match, won or lost, and he would frequently either win it quickly 63 63 on his good service day, or quit it all as quickly after losing the first set, so that, in terms of the spent energy, those 40 matches per season are more akin to 20 matches of some grinder, and taking into account his admittedly below average time spent on the practice courts & in the gym, he must be the best payed tennis player per hour of his effort (on & off the court).

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
He's the typical fool who'll waste everything he earned in booze and whores once retired. Or even before.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
He just tanked his entire career away with that quote. Every opponent from now on knows Nick has zero self belief he can win a major tournament. Great players intimidate opponents, Nick intimidated himself into submission. Unbelievale how dumb Nick can be.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Nick should just retire and start a Kyrgios Cup Tour, hire some buddies and play a WWF circus tournament tour. Because if Nick admits he can't win a major tourney, why bother even playing, wasting his time and fans and media and sponsors time?

Reactions: sav001

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
What I'm baffled at is that Kyrgios has enough talent and effort to skate by being a millionaire.

But doesn't have the talent or effort to be a grand slam winner.

I mean you watch his quarantine video and he is just in a chair playing video games.

·
Your visions will happen
50,928 Posts
So basically Tomic 2.0. I think Murray should coach him, would be the perfect fit.
I was gonna say another Fognini. At least Nick and Fabio have some game even if they wasted some talent

Tomic is just straight garbage

·
|
15,614 Posts
What I'm baffled at is that Kyrgios has enough talent and effort to skate by being a millionaire.

But doesn't have the talent or effort to be a grand slam winner.

I mean you watch his quarantine video and he is just in a chair playing video games.
Murray and Rafa play video games regularly too....
And Murray has a family to look after, and still plays video games.
I liked that video of Rafa talking to Murray during the lockdown, and they were planning when they'd play video game tennis together, and Rafa asked Murray to meet him at 9pm or something, and Murray was like "The kids get up at 6am so I can't stay up late" and Rafa was like "Andy c'mon".

1 - 20 of 52 Posts