Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Is not a Ball-Basher: Has power, but plays intelligently.
- Nick hits the ball hard and deep, but is shows maturity in controlling his shots.
- Doesn't fear from going into the necessary rallies if required.
- Plays with variety. Not afraid to go for drop shots and come to the net.
- He doesn't brood over any lost points, and moves on the job.
- Is young and ambitious, only 19 like Rafa was back in 2005 against Fed. Which means that serve and rallies will improve further.
- He enters at a stage when Rafa is at the peak of his powers.

Most crucially, he practiced for a week with Federer before coming to Wimbly. This last unofficial point really seals the deal for me, as far as learning "How to play Nadal" is concerned. :lol:

With confidence in his repertoire, he can surely crack through Nadal's armor on fast courts as consistently as Nadal cracked through Fed on Clay, because this guy is as mature as he is young.

Conclusion: Great for the game! :yeah:

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I concur in the matchup thing but Nadal is not 23 but is close to retirement and is pushing 30. Not much left for him as a contender.

·
Registered
821 Posts
- Is not a Ball-Basher: Has power, but plays intelligently.
- Nick hits the ball hard and deep, but is shows maturity in controlling his shots.
- Doesn't fear from going into the necessary rallies if required.
- Plays with variety. Not afraid to go for drop shots and come to the net.
- He doesn't brood over any lost points, and moves on the job.
- Is young and ambitious, only 19 like Rafa was back in 2005 against Fed. Which means that serve and rallies will improve further.
- He enters at a stage when Rafa is at the peak of his powers.

Most crucially, he practiced for a week with Federer before coming to Wimbly. This last unofficial point really seals the deal for me, as far as learning "How to play Nadal" is concerned. :lol:

With confidence in his repertoire, he can surely crack through Nadal's armor on fast courts as consistently as Nadal cracked through Fed on Clay, because this guy is as mature as he is young.

Conclusion: Great for the game! :yeah:
LOL.
First it was djokovic, then it was rosol, then kyrgios....Fed fans, how many players you want to take help from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts