·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Sparlingo

·
Premium Member
29,568 Posts
Kyrgios certainly has a special kind of charisma, but to call him any kind of champion seems premature at best lolz

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Kyrgios is immature yet very mature at the same time.

He can be a top act in his outside actions, but his antics on court then bring him back to ground zero.

Reactions: chilazon

·
|
16,185 Posts
Kyrgios is definitely the most disliked player in the history of Australia, that is for certain, and with good reason - he has the most unlikable personality in tennis history.
Plus he's yet another boring servebot, Raonic-lite, great serve but will never be ranked anywhere near as high as Raonic, and will never reach a grand slam semi-final.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,046 Posts
Kyrgios certainly has a special kind of charisma, but to call him any kind of champion seems premature at best lolz
In Australia, champions tend to come in unlikely forms; small packages moreso than big suited up ones.
We're a nation that is known for the tall poppy syndrome. In this way, Nick gives us something to complain of or be ashamed of but also be proud about (and then be ashamed because of it). He often says the things that I want to say but won't for fear of hecklers. He rings strongly on the authenticity meter, despite his on court shenanigans.

Kyrgios is definitely the most hated player in the history of Australia, that is for certain.
I think Margaret Court might be contesting that title too, as many notable people have even suggested her name be removed from the court bearing her name.

To me, Tomic has possibly leapfrogged Nick. I'm not sure what on earth Tomic is thinking these days or whether he cares.

·
|
16,185 Posts
At least Tomic is genuine.
Kyrgios just orchestrates temper tantrums for attention, or to get out of a match that he knows he's not good enough to win.....
Remember when he walked calmly off the court, smashed racquets in the corridor and calmly walked back onto the court.....a pure act, nothing genuine about it.
Whereas Tomic is the real deal, not an act, and I've never had a problem with him.
Margaret Court is not relevant enough in today's game to make an impression.....just the media likes using her for headlines, but very few people are interested in what some old lady says.
And most people never saw her play.

·
Your visions will happen
52,306 Posts
No, he's a clown. And if he never wins a slam with that talent, he will be known as a clown for eternity. If he had any discipline, he'd do it. But we will see

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
In Australia, champions tend to come in unlikely forms; small packages moreso than big suited up ones.
We're a nation that is known for the tall poppy syndrome. In this way, Nick gives us something to complain of or be ashamed of but also be proud about (and then be ashamed because of it). He often says the things that I want to say but won't for fear of hecklers. He rings strongly on the authenticity meter, despite his on court shenanigans.

I think Margaret Court might be contesting that title too, as many notable people have even suggested her name be removed from the court bearing her name.

To me, Tomic has possibly leapfrogged Nick. I'm not sure what on earth Tomic is thinking these days or whether he cares.
Yep this is it right here.

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
I love this guy, sure he goes a little far sometimes but all the off court stuff he does shows he’s a great person. He’s leading the field in donating for the wildfires in Australia. He’s also hilarious and keeps it real instead of saying a bunch of PR bullshit like almost everyone else. Tennis needs this guy cause the sport is getting more boring and would lose a shit ton of viewers if he were gone.

·
|
16,185 Posts
Krygios plays some the most boring matches in tennis history, just hitting aces and ending rallies with basic errors, not exactly what people want to see....
And donating to the wildfires? Its not like that's difficult.....he basically just does whatever gets him in the media, because his results aren't good enough to get attention....
He won't ever do anything that requires actual effort, that's why he's not even strong enough to make a slam SF.

And his favorite sport is basketball yet he couldn't be bothered trying ot be a professional basketball player.....because he's not athletic enough, and he's only tall enough to be a guard, so he'd need to actually work on skills to make it in basketball.

Tennis was the easy option because he's been playing it forever and because he's got a big serve, but he lacks the skills to even be a top-10 player.
And what's with his voice? He talks like a teenage girl "Like oh my god, seriously?"
Believe me, tennis doesn't need Kyrgios, he only made the 3rd Round of the US Open, and 2019 US Open set the record for the biggest attendance ever thanks to Rafa and company....

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
Krygios plays some the most boring matches in tennis history, just hitting aces and ending rallies with basic errors, not exactly what people want to see....
And donating to the wildfires? Its not like that's difficult.....he basically just does whatever gets him in the media, because his results aren't good enough to get attention....
He won't ever do anything that requires actual effort, that's why he's not even strong enough to make a slam SF.

And his favorite sport is basketball yet he couldn't be bothered trying ot be a professional basketball player.....because he's not athletic enough, and he's only tall enough to be a guard, so he'd need to actually work on skills to make it in basketball.

Tennis was the easy option because he's been playing it forever and because he's got a big serve, but he lacks the skills to even be a top-10 player.
And what's with his voice? He talks like a teenage girl "Like oh my god, seriously?"
Clearly he’s good enough to beat Shitdal 3 times and be 2-0 against Djokovic.

·
|
16,185 Posts
Clearly he’s good enough to beat Shitdal 3 times and be 2-0 against Djokovic.
Rafa leads Krygios 4-3.
And almost 5-2, because Rafa won 10 more points than Kyrgios in their Acapulco match.
A lot of very average players have been within one win of Rafa in h2h.
Can't speak for what happened with Djokovic, I didn't see those matches and whether Djokovic was playing well or not.

610 Posts
  1. Rafa leads Krygios 4-3.
    And almost 5-2, because Rafa won 10 more points than Kyrgios in their Acapulco match.
    Can't speak for what happened with Djokovic, I didn't see those matches and whether Djokovic was playing well or not.
    Only reason he beat Novak twice in 2017 is because he was playing most of the year with an elbow injury. That was the year he lost to Istomin in Oz Open & shut it down for the year after WD in Wimbledon so that tells you all you need to know about those 2 tainted wins.

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
Rafa leads Krygios 4-3.
To be fair, Djokovic was godawful in those matches but to be 3-4 against Nadal is pretty good for an “average player”. Obviously he’s not top 5 material but he’s certainly capable of consistent top 20 and maybe even a crack at top 10 if he can put it together mentally.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,046 Posts
I love this guy, sure he goes a little far sometimes but all the off court stuff he does shows he’s a great person. He’s leading the field in donating for the wildfires in Australia. He’s also hilarious and keeps it real instead of saying a bunch of PR bullshit like almost everyone else. Tennis needs this guy cause the sport is getting more boring and would lose a shit ton of viewers if he were gone.
I love him but also hate him with equal passion. Hate the sin but love the sinner I guess.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts