Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Same - I used to enjoy watching him, and a lot of the criticism of him was absurd, but it's difficult to like what he's become. He has no self-awareness whatsoever. It sometimes appears that he only has a foundation in order to beat people over the head with it, which is extremely ugly. The sniping at fellow pros over the course of the pandemic as well, ffs. He's changed a lot, and comes over as a total phoney these days. If ever it's the time to shut up and actually play some tennis...
He's a phoney. Only a narcissistic clown would tap himself on a shoulder by bringing up his own foundation. I'd assume Novak has donated way more money than Nick. Imagine Novak now saying I'm better than him because I donated more. Pff...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
51,355 Posts
Wow Nick was so triggered. Revealed his hand more than he knows. At least Bernie is trying to do challengers and make a ranking. What is Nick doing exactly?

·
Your visions will happen
51,355 Posts
Why does Nick always talk about his "foundation" as if that makes him some sort of saint?
It is pathetic. Using his foundation as a pawn to make himself look good

You don't need to do that if you just live it

But i hear he's a master on Virtua & Mario Tennis.
Mario Tennis Nintendo 64 (1999), still the best and most realistic tennis simulator I've played

He's a phoney. Only a narcissistic clown would tap himself on a shoulder by bringing up his own foundation. I'd assume Novak has donated way more money than Nick. Imagine Novak now saying I'm better than him because I donated more. Pff...
Yep, pathetic. Just makes him look worse

Oh God the media would never let Novak live that down haha

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Why does Nick always talk about his "foundation" as if that makes him some sort of saint?
The foundation has been around for a couple of years. Apparently, it's vision is to create a small complex where underprivileged youth have the opportunity to play sports. As far as I can tell, all that has been accomplished so far is an artist's rendering of what such a complex could look like. A designer could put that together in a few hours.

If someone can find another accomplishment on the website, feel free to let me know.

I see quite a lot of merch at the Australian Open and in other events and there are links to donate and/or buy merch. One has to wonder where all that money has gone.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The foundation has been around for a couple of years. Apparently, it's vision is to create a small complex where underprivileged youth have the opportunity to play sports. As far as I can tell, all that has been accomplished so far is an artist's rendering of what such a complex could look like. A designer could put that together in a few hours.

If someone can find another accomplishment on the website, feel free to let me know.

I see quite a lot of merch at the Australian Open and in other events and there are links to donate and/or buy merch. One has to wonder where all that money has gone.
Maybe it wasn't the intention, but it's funny that the rendering of a facility for underprivileged kids has sports cars in it's car park.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pathetic.

I'd take a million times the work ethic of a journeyman than the talent of a narcissist like Kyrgios.

No matter how many tweeners he has done, he does nothing to promote the sport we all love or give back to the public.

What's more disgraceful, in a recent story he shared the reaction of one of his fans (a barista) that told him to train more
to reach the top and he replied that that's why he is earning millions while the other guy is there to make his coffee.

He tries to promote a persona of an over-confident man while deep down he is an insecure brat that needs to bash other players to feel better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does he have a google alert for his name? Who in the world with any kind of reputation is over here talking about Kyrgios and Tomic these days???? And how did that comparison make its way to Kyrgios?!

·
Your visions will happen
51,355 Posts
Pathetic.

I'd take a million times the work ethic of a journeyman than the talent of a narcissist like Kyrgios.

No matter how many tweeners he has done, he does nothing to promote the sport we all love or give back to the public.

What's more disgraceful, in a recent story he shared the reaction of one of his fans (a barista) that told him to train more
to reach the top and he replied that that's why he is earning millions while the other guy is there to make his coffee.

He tries to promote a persona of an over-confident man while deep down he is an insecure brat that needs to bash other players to feel better.
Wow. That is so bad. I worked in restaurants for 10 years and this is a very disgusting story, I will never root for Kyrgios again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow. That is so bad. I worked in restaurants for 10 years and this is a very disgusting story, I will never root for Kyrgios again
I couldn't believe it either when I saw his IG story, behaving like a rich spoilt brat.

What's more hilarious, is that either his father or grandparents were most probably poor Greek immigrants
looking for their luck in Australia like many Greeks in the 60s 70s

·
Registered
888 Posts
He is such a miserable individual and he barely plays nowadays, so continuing to support him really has little benefits.

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Everybody missing the point that Kyrgios is so noble as to include Murray into the big four. The likes of @Sara X and @cmchelsea must be beaming with pride.
Thanks for pointing that out, but not exactly beaming with pride here. It's Nick after all. And @Henrik made a good point there, even if that either coming from Nick wouldn't change anything for me.

Knowing it's the Aussie, he'd most likely declare Andy as the best tennis player (I'm not using the word GOAT here on purpose) who ever walked the earth, if not Fed instead.

That's pretty much what he said in that IG chat of his with Andy, after praising Andy's good looks, the latter looking like he needed to finish the chat asap after that to avoid any futher embarrassment for both of the two.

And pls add at least @NextGenKing into us beaming with pride next time, will you? Would highly appreciate that, even if not sure about him. He did actually start a thread with a long post to start it with over here on the exact same topic (Big 4 not being a myth, or something like that as the thread title) around a month ago, if I'm not completely mistaken.

·
Registered
782 Posts

I mean he's planning it in Australia, not Rio De Janeiro.

Australia is a very well off country, there are plenty of sporting complexs that are available for kids.

Not too many 'underprivileged' youths here either, at least not financially.

I always found that wierd.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
13,133 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out, but not exactly beaming with pride here. It's Nick after all. And @Henrik made a good point there, even if that either coming from Nick wouldn't change anything for me.

Knowing it's the Aussie, he'd most likely declare Andy as the best tennis player (I'm not using the word GOAT here on purpose) who ever walked the earth, if not Fed instead.

That's pretty much what he said in that IG chat of his with Andy, after praising Andy's good looks, the latter looking like he needed to finish the chat asap after that to avoid any futher embarrassment for both of the two.

And pls add at least @NextGenKing into us beaming with pride next time, will you? Would highly appreciate that, even if not sure about him. He did actually start a thread with a long post to start it with over here on the exact same topic (Big 4 not being a myth, or something like that as the thread title) around a month ago, if I'm not completely mistaken.
As a Murray fan I feel I am in a depressive state in which I already consider him retired. This version, though I still love and support is just not him. The energy i have lost trying to defend him here or the annoyance of reading bad things about him, on top of the struggles and injuries, is just too much. I dont even use him as avatar anymore as it just feels pointless.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This is just Nick being Nick, and then some more on top of that. Like we all didn't hear or read this like 100 times before already, or a similar story at least.

He just can't seem to be able to stop, whether drunk or not while writing this stuff. Someone should tell him in that McEnroe style that he can't be serious, in case he somehow hasn't realised it himself.

I do get a feeling he's actually trolling us all with this stuff though.

Whatever it is, he should quit it right now and start playing some tennis again. Taking it seriously as a career would be a nice step forward, so he could refer to more recent wins over Big 4, top 10, whatever, but that just may be too much to ask for.

Love watching him play when he actually plays well, but I'm fed up with this stuff all simply resulting from his insecurity.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
As a Murray fan I feel I am in a depressive state in which I already consider him retired. This version, though I still love and support is just not him. The energy i have lost trying to defend him here or the annoyance of reading bad things about him, on top of the struggles and injuries, is just too much. I dont even use him as avatar anymore as it just feels pointless.
Can understand this entirely, even if I only try to see the remaining positive sides of it. So what are they then? Well, at least he's got more time for his family now. And he's managed to pull off some pretty amazing tennis after the major surgery he had, considering what a huge operation it was he went through.

I don't feel like defending him much either. I feel he doesn't need that, as he's acquired all that he has already and that's enough, should he never step on court in competitive tennis again.

Brighter days ahead I'm sure, whatever decision Andy ends up making next, as it can't get much worse than this.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts