Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek: I find it hard to believe he was born 1995 :eek:

And, also he is the first teenager to beat a world number one at a grand slam since Nadal beat Federer at the 2005 French Open

He could be the next Nadal.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
That was definitely a great counter example for all those who are saying the game is more physical, younger players can't cope with it blabla at the end it's all mental and Kyrgios had what it takes.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
That was definitely a great counter example for all those who are saying the game is more physical, younger players can't cope with it blabla at the end it's all mental and Kyrgios had what it takes.
It's true though.

Why did Kyrigos break down with cramp against Paire when leading him 2 sets to love at the Australian Open this year? He ended up tanking in 5. Or do you conveniently just forget these things to suit your argument? :rolleyes:

Just like you conveniently forgot that Sampras was 4-0 on grass versus one of the greatest servers of all time whom happened to be left-handed, Goran Ivanisovic? So you could make the ABSURD statement that Sampras wouldn't have been able to cope with Nadal's lefty serve on grass? :lol: Wolly.

Dimitrov biggest improvement with Rasheed has been his physicality and athleticism .... and now check his 'CONSISTENT' results. That's the key-word there, CONSISTENT.

Kyrigos has had one very good result and one AMAZING result. This doesn't mean he is ready to match it with the top 4 guys on a consistent basis throughout the duration of a season. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
False.

2010 Rogers Cup: Pospisil/Raonic d. Djokovic/Nadal 5-7 6-3 10-8

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
^ :haha:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
He could be the next Nadal.
Could be talentwise, but he won't be. Much better consistency and an all-surface suitable gamestyle are what he really needs to achieve that. I don't see it happening this or next year, maybe in 5 years he can really break through and win a slam or 2.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
False.

2010 Rogers Cup: Pospisil/Raonic d. Djokovic/Nadal 5-7 6-3 10-8
OP was obviously referring to singles, Nadal is not a really good doubles player.

Just get off that Raonic bandwagon, you are painful at times.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
OP was obviously referring to singles, Nadal is not a really good doubles player.

Just get off that Raonic bandwagon, you are painful at times.
thgen maybe he should have specified. Some of us are fans of doubles as well. Last time I checked this wasn't menssinglestennisforums.com

·
Registered
951 Posts
Wow. That's a pretty amazing stat. Not so much for what it says about Kyrgios, nor even for what it says about Rafa, but for what it says about the 90s generation.

The oldest of these guys are approaching their mid-twenties. I can see an argument that most teenagers aren't physically capable of mixing it with the top guys, but at 22, 23, 24? Surely they should be able to, at least some of the time, even if not consistently?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
and he was born in 1995. shows how good he is, and how bad are the previous generations...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thgen maybe he should have specified. Some of us are fans of doubles as well. Last time I checked this wasn't menssinglestennisforums.com
you're being absolutely ridiculous! :lol: i don't need to specify because this thread is not in DOUBLES FORUM. How clueless are you really?! :tape:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
There i no singles specific forum. This is general messages, where any tennis goes. People often posts doubles stuff in the doubles forum but not always.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=166389

Remind me where that thread was again? I guess it's talking about aingles is it?

You didn't mention singles, ergo I'm free to bring that up. Now that it's been made known that you were talking about singles I won't bring that up in this thread anymore. See? everything is cleared up and everyone is happy, have a nice day :)

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Nick played a almost perfect match. Rafa said he coulndt read and that soms it up. If you cant break you opponent you have a weakness.

Will he be good? Time is on his side. I wanna see on HC and maybe clay.

·
Registered
10,402 Posts
Nick has time to make ground if he continues playing well. Right now the best of the 1990s generation is Raonic, and Raonic is still at 8. Kyrgios is maybe two years away. That's not a lot of time for Milos to reach number 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts