Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Kyrgios really shouldn't have played Nice. Well at least Thiem won. Tennis was going to win here.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Strange ending. He broke back and then lost his serve and it was over. Hopefully Thugios' injury heals, elbow injuries can suck.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Nice R2: Thiem def.Kyrgios 4-3 ret.

another injury for the new boy with the body of glass.it was his elbow. hopefully its nothing serious and he'll be okay for the french

its a shame because the match was really good until that point

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Domi played really well, his returns were pretty good today and he kept playing aggressive.
It was an enjoyable match.
Didn't see any signs of injury though.

Get well soon Kyrgios!
Domi :yeah: :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Was clutching hes elbow. Got broken from 40-0 then again 30-0 which i have never seen him do before , probably was affecting him given that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kyrgios taking the easy way out. He really has noot enough power on his ground strokes, that's why Murray destroys him. Them ia a far better player Kyrgios is so average and I hope Murray gets him early because it's one less round to worry about...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Kyrgios taking the easy way out. He really has noot enough power on his ground strokes, that's why Murray destroys him. Them ia a far better player Kyrgios is so average and I hope Murray gets him early because it's one less round to worry about...
Is this guy for real?
kyrgios not enough power?
Kyrgios average?
The hate is real

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Murray destroys him because he can't scramble worth beans. He packs plenty of power, and hits quite a heavy ball.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Lack of power is hardly a Kyrgios issue, although he's explosive rather than routinely heavy like Thiem.

Murray isn't really the best measure - he beats Kyrgios comfortably because of the matchup, specifically his return game and ability to keep the ball below Kyrgios' strike zone (whether through slices or flat hits). Also the minor consideration that Murray has 2 slams and 10 masters, while Kyrgios is right at the beginning of his career (a year ago he was ranked 160, and he's had plenty injuries since).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Is this guy for real?
kyrgios not enough power?
Kyrgios average?
The hate is real
Murray destroys him because he can't scramble worth beans. He packs plenty of power, and hits quite a heavy ball.
Lack of power is hardly a Kyrgios issue, although he's explosive rather than routinely heavy like Thiem.

Murray isn't really the best measure - he beats Kyrgios comfortably because of the matchup, specifically his return game and ability to keep the ball below Kyrgios' strike zone (whether through slices or flat hits). Also the minor consideration that Murray has 2 slams and 10 masters, while Kyrgios is right at the beginning of his career (a year ago he was ranked 160, and he's had plenty injuries since).
Failing to a basic bait like that. :lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where was this far better player whilst Nick was getting destroyed in the QF of a grand slam?

Dirt is probably the only surface Thiem has the edge on Nick. Give it a couple of years and he may not even have that.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
At this rate, Kyrgios is headed for a Del Potro type career...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts