Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Borna is a Top 50 player! Season goal reached in May. And some MTF guys said he was arrogant when he said he aims to Top 50 this year. :cool:

Next opponent is Duckworth or Halys.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Borna is a Top 50 player! Season goal reached in may. And some MTF guys said he was arrogant when he said he aims to Top 50 this year. :cool:
It was not the goal, though, but to finish the season as no.50.

Since it takes about 900 points to be no.50 and he is currently at 925 (450 race points), he'll need to defend all his 450+ points from second part of the last season.

Belluci and Ramos could still keep him out of 50 by making the Geneva final and winning the tournament respectively.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well done, kid! With Simon out the draw looks pretty good for Borna.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Continue moving upwards, Borna! :yeah:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Happy for the win but man his form is looking terrible still. And he knows it too, his spirit seems pretty down this week.

My expectation for him in the next month or so will be very low. Hoping that he can find some form by the time he gets to hardcourt.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is stronger and more experienced now and has got a couple of months more to accomplish the same thing as during july-november'14, so he should secure top 50 year end spot way before novemeber if injury free.
Hopefully he will. Is important for him to be in the Top50, so he can secure direct main draws in M1000 tournaments. At Rome he was the FIRST player not directly allowed to the main draw, and we know how his qualification ended.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Tennis lost. Awfull days await us. Good thing Zverev, Kokkinakis and Chung will make him they're personal pigeon.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hopefully he will. Is important for him to be in the Top50, so he can secure direct main draws in M1000 tournaments. At Rome he was the FIRST player not directly allowed to the main draw, and we know how his qualification ended.
This year it shouldn't pose such a problem because he can still play some challengers instead.

Chung made 500 points so far this year mainly playing challengers, whereas Coric 450 playing on ATP tour only.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
This year it shouldn't pose such a problem because he can still play some challengers instead.

Chung made 500+ points this year mainly playing challengers, whereas Coric 450 playing on ATP tour only.
Not everyone gets players tanking or you probably didn't saw how GOAT destroyed him the next round :superlol::superlol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Happy for the win but man his form is looking terrible still. And he knows it too, his spirit seems pretty down this week.
Thats true, he seems to be in a bit of a crysis, playing bad last couple of matches. I watched a bit of livestream today and saw him shouting: "Jebote ja i ovaj tenis" ("F... me and this tennis")

Funnily enough the draw has now opened up for him in Nice and he could easily go to SF, maybe even to his first final.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts

Chung made 500 points so far this year mainly playing challengers, whereas Coric 450 playing on ATP tour only.
You're right about Chung, but most of Coric's points were earned in very kindly draws.

This one for example:
R1 Groth
R2 Mina
R3 Halys or Duckworth

I'm sorry, but this is basically a challenger draw with ATP 250's points. :devil:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
You're right about Chung, but most of Coric's points were earned in very kindly draws.

This one for example:
R1 Groth
R2 Mina
R3 Halys or Duckworth

I'm sorry, but this is basically a challenger draw with ATP 250's points. :devil:
Some ATP stars usually get such draws even at ATP 500, no, but they sometimes lose in the SF to 17 y.o. teenager.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
He is not a star :spit::spit:
The one I was talking about is a superstar.

or the one from your avatar getting much more points:

USO'14
R128 Taro Daniel (JPN)........186 W 6-3, 6-2, 7-6(1)
R64 Peter Gojowczyk (GER)..124 W 7-6(4), 5-7, 6-4, 7-6(3)
R32 Victor Estrella Burgos... 80 W 7-6(5), 7-6(5), 7-6(3)
R16 Kei Nishikori (JPN)...... 11 L 6-4, 6-7(4), 7-6(6), 5-7, 4-6

1 - 20 of 31 Posts