Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mayer :yeah:

Borna Ćorić :hug: Tough lost but Good effort

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Borna is very good. He can compete vs top 100 with just 17. And he said that, so he knows that.
I like his style of play. Consistent play by some Croat finally. Ok, everbody were 190 plus so it was normal.

I like stats on his 2nd serve: he won 65% of them (he won 64% on first one)!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Coric has to work on his ROS in Zagreb and today he missed some crucial 2nd serve returns.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Coric had the match until he started acting like a brat at *4-4 in the final set. Mayer hit a let cord to go up 0-15 and Coric was whining to his box about it instead of just continuing to play. He then was just very negative the rest of the game and kept crying to his box and was broken

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
He is very good on his first, too. Usually it's over 80% or close.
But he should won this. I thought he stoped with that babe's illness he did in last 2 games. But ok, he is just 17. He will need to work on power of his shots. I like his movement and heart (his backhand and serve is very stylish). And I like he like to screams on court, not like "dead-man walking" Cilic.
He is very, very similar to Djokovic by style of play and acting on the court, that's great. When he get more power he will win (easily) over this type of players (Mayer, Berrer, Zeballos). But when you are 16,17 off-course you will not have strenght enough. Interesting fact is he always played 3 sets, but his power decreased.
In the match vs Janowitcz he was just sooo pump up, that was fuckin' stunning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts