Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well he got a win here at least

hard to know what to expect for domi against isner. he's never faced a serve like that so serving well himself will be key

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Pathetic effort by Gulbis, so many FH errors I lost count of them.
He was distracted by his own antics here, he will be soon out of Top100 after RG. No way he is winning more than 1 match with this level.

Thiem didn't return well in this match but he really didn't need to. Just to be solid in the rallies on both wings.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
No surprise here. It's a long way back for EG after his slump and he knows it. Whereas Dominic has been playing better after his own slump.

They're not at the same level at the moment and Gulbis served very bad today. But I think slowly, slowly he'll get better.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Ernests FH was :help:

Domi did return quite well yesterday, but today that was utterly shit again. It was enough though.

SF :bounce:

He needs to play better next round, because otherwise he will lose 3-6 2-6 against Isner.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Yeah Domi :rocker2:
I thought he might gift this match to Ernie out of sympathy, but to his credit he definitely put in the effort for the win :)
Gulbis waves goodbye to 205 points...

·
Registered
212 Posts
As someone answered my question in my thread, does this mean Gulbis is going to lose about 200 points when the new rankings are announced next week? I don't expect him to go deep at the French Open, where apparently he's defending 700 points. I have a bad feeling that he's gonna have to kiss good-bye to his top 100 status then. I checked his point break down on the ATP official site and I learned that the majority of his current points were picked up by his semifinal run at last year's FO. Judging by his current form, it's hard to see him surviving the first few rounds. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I heard many people saying his forehand has gone out of order again. This may be the time for him to make a drastic change on his forehand again. Personally, I find it amusing how he changes his forehand every now and then esp. when it's gone.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Dom finally getting his season going was really struggling up until Miami this year but has had some good results lately hopefully he can take out Isner next, will need to return 100 times better than today.

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
Yeah Domi :rocker2:
I thought he might gift this match to Ernie out of sympathy, but to his credit he definitely put in the effort for the win :)
Gulbis waves goodbye to 205 points...

:devil:

About time his ranking drops :p

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
As someone answered my question in my thread, does this mean Gulbis is going to lose about 200 points when the new rankings are announced next week? I don't expect him to go deep at the French Open, where apparently he's defending 700 points. I have a bad feeling that he's gonna have to kiss good-bye to his top 100 status then.
If he loses in the first round of the French Open he will be down to 565 points. That should keep him in the top 100 but not by much. He could fall out of the top 100 after Wimbledon where he defends 45 points but as long as he wins at least one match on grass he should be safely there until Canada/Cinci.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts