Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not even sandstorm could prevent the former ClayGOAT from recording another big win on the surface.
In under an hour. Never faced a BP. Only one of his service games went to deuce. No double faults. Converted 3 of 3 break points. Won the last 10 points of the match.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I always wonder how a guy like Nedovyesov is in the top 100. The guy has no weapons and on his supposedly best surface, he gets completely outplayed by a clayGOAT like Tursunov! :lol:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andre♥;22472242 said:
I always wonder how a guy like Nedovyesov is in the top 100. The guy has no weapons and on his supposedly best surface, he gets completely outplayed by a clayGOAT like Tursunov! :lol:
His name fits him perfectly though.
"Nedovyes" in Russian means "not enough weight". And his game is really soooo lightweight... His wonky groundstroke technique doesn't help either. But, I guess, there's a lot of Challenger/Futures level players he can drive nuts with his junkballing.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
dima =DD

·
Registered
57,601 Posts
I don't know where people are seeing him as a junkballer though. Few matches I saw of him he was very aggressive, almost like a Soderling-lite, though he did have a freaky backhand slice

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know where people are seeing him as a junkballer though. Few matches I saw of him he was very aggressive, almost like a Soderling-lite, though he did have a freaky backhand slice
I don't recall him hitting a single baseline FH winner today (he produced one BH DTL winner after a good serve outwide though). Other than that Tursunov was overpowering him with ease, nearly every time Mitya hit close to the baseline Nedovyesov lost the point immediately, often by mis-hit. He tried to throw Mitya off the rhythm with dropshots and slices and won quite a few points this way but that's it.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Andre♥;22472242 said:
how is clay his best surface? He is a hard courter through and through

1 - 13 of 13 Posts