Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Rosie said:
I can assure you that the "groupies" do not stay in the Players' Hotels at all. They stay in cheaper accomodation (maybe even Hostels?) and hang around the Bars in the evenings making one drink last all evening in the hope they will meet a player! It never happens - they just get laughed at :rolleyes:
So THAT's what I was doing wrong! :)

· Registered
4,515 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Actually watching the groupies in action can be better than many of the matches.
Of course, they aren't usually there to watch the matches either.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
savestheday91 said:
Please to sleep with a player you don't need to be staying in their hotel. A guy can invite you back to his room no matter where you stay.
It doesn't work as well for guys, though...I couldn't get an invite back to Maria Sanchez Lorenzo's room :sad:

I can definitely suggest not staying at Washington's official hotel if you ever go there...it is a few hundred a nite, and not even in the city (across the river in Virginia)

· Registered
4,515 Posts
savestheday91 said:
Hahaha that's the one I stayed at, in 2003. I probably would never do so again. They pretty much lied to us about there being a shuttle, and meh, not really worth it.
That sucks, although finding a cheap hotel in the DC area isn't very easy to do sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.