Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa's and Djokovic's defeats haven't changed anything. We already knew that Medvedev, Thiem vs Nadal, Djokovic is a 50-50 matchup in HC since 2019.

The problem for NextGen is not beating Rafa and Djokovic, it's being consistent. Nadal and Djokovic won't lose against anyone out of the top 7 in a GS, so that means they will always be in QF, and they will be favorites against Zverev, Tsitsipas, and Federer(depending on how he comes back from his injury), so I would say that both of them will be at least in 3 SF, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are in all 4 SF.

NextGen, on the other hand, can go to 5 setters and lose against a lot of players and that's been their problem.

Tsitsipas has only played twice against Rafa and Nole(out of 7 attempts since his explosion).
Medvedev once against Rafa(he has only 3 attempts though).
Zverev once (since he won his first M1000).
And only Thiem seems to be regular enough to be consistently in SF's(and he still tends to play 5 setters that he shouldn't)

So my question is, do you think we will have a year full of Djokovic, Nadal vs NextGen? And how favorite do you think Nadal and Djokovic are against each of the NextGen players(Thiem, Medvedev, Zverev, Tsitsi, and maybe even Shapo Sinner Rublev..) in HC, Clay and Grass?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts