Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 was a very interesting and high quality year. We have seen a lot of very good runs of the younger players and they are coming closer to the Big 3.

Still they couldn't win a Grand Slam and the Big 3 is at the end of the year in the Top 3.

But next year I think they will getting even more close to the Big 3 and I'm sure we will also see new Grand Slam winners.

At the end of the year will still be someone of the Big 3 at the Top of the Ranking. Obviously with Djokovic as a favourite, second favourite is Rafa. Federer has some outside chances.

But I think this will be the last year someone of the Big 3 will finish as No. 1. They will still have chances to win a Grand Slam after it but it will be very difficult for them to be the YE1.

What do you think?

·
10,785 Posts
2019 was a very interesting and high quality year. We have seen a lot of very good runs of the younger players and they are coming closer to the Big 3.

Still they couldn't win a Grand Slam and the Big 3 is at the end of the year in the Top 3.

But next year I think they will getting even more close to the Big 3 and I'm sure we will also see new Grand Slam winners.

At the end of the year will still be someone of the Big 3 at the Top of the Ranking. Obviously with Djokovic as a favourite, second favourite is Rafa. Federer has some outside chances.

But I think this will be the last year someone of the Big 3 will finish as No. 1. They will still have chances to win a Grand Slam after it but it will be very difficult for them to be the YE1.

What do you think?

They are still the favorites until the GS is lifted by someone else.

These guys are legends of the game. Even Wimbledon Final , which was very high quality showed the difference between peaking Djokovic and Federer vs. the rest of the tour.

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
no Thiem

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
It depends a lot on who lifts the slams.
No one has had a monopoly on the M1000s in recent years like Djokovic before his 2016-form loss

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
This could be the case. I still see Djokodal as major candidates for YE#1 ad 2020 but for the first time I feel that their days at #1 are counted. By 2021 NextGen+Thiem could get very strong and old guys should naturally get weaker - both curves must intersect at one point. Interesting times ahead: how long will the legends be able to stay on top of the game ahead of younger guys? As much as I enjoy new faces coming I also want Big3 to continue their unprecedented quest for history - we may never see it in our lifetimes again.

Reactions: Arctan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts