Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will be the next man to win a Career Slam?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nole needs 1 - RG.
Wawrinka needs 2 - WC and USO.
Murray needs 2 - AO and RG
Cilic and Del Potro need everything other than the USO.

I'll also include Nadal and Federer in the poll since they are close to a second career slam. Federer needs only RG and Nadal needs only AO.

Of course it could be anyone else that hasn't won a major yet. So I'll just include other as a poll option.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
None of them will do it. WRINKANATOR IS NEVER WINNING WIMBLEDON. Cilic and Potro are one slam wonders. Murray might win another Wimbledon and thatll be his lot. And Djok eill win 3 more slams but not RG.

NADAL AND FEDERER are finished. They might make another final but thats it...

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Lleyton Hewitt in 2016

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a very interesting question to me.

Novak seems blocked at RG, but might overcome that anyway with just a bit of luck.
Nadal seems blocked at AO and return to slam winning form is questionable at this point. But if he does, one can't count him out at AO.
Roger seems too old for RG, but he still made quarters this year and lost to hot Stan, eventual champion.

Andy seems blocked at AO, but has come close. He also appears improved on clay, though not sure if it is enough to take RG.

Stan seems to have grass game in terms of serve and aggressive shot making, and has improved his volley, but I'm not sure about movement, footwork and the time he needs to prepare his big strokes. but maybe he'll improve enough to have a chance. But I think it will be his biggest challenge. He seems to have the game to win the US Open with some luck.

Juan has the game for all surfaces - much improved on grass, and is still young enough to win the rest if he can ever get fully healthy for a couple of years.

I don't think Marin is CGS material. Maybe Wimbledon and that's it.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
868 Posts
Djokovic

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
More likely: Nole
Not that unlikely: Nadal (if he finds some form next year).
Unlikely but would be epicly hilarious: Plexray + Clayray :lol:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Del Potro all the way. Wrist heals, and 20 slams are his. Nothing can stop that forehand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nadal is the most likely to win second career slam before other contenders because he has many months for improve form and ranking until end of year and AO is a good surface for him if Djokovic is not 100% at AO next year. Faker is the second best choice but this loss at RG final maybe tough for next year. Olderer have 0% chance to win RG another time. Wawrinka is almost impossible to win WB.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Nadal is the most likely to win second career slam before other contenders
He's without a slam SF at the moment.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Honest answer, none of the above. Nole's got the best chance and his best chance at RG was this year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts