1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Sock looked exhausted out there. He was like a dead man walking

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Hewitt always clinical in taking out a half-game American. I wonder if he ever has flashbacks to his early meetings with Roddick.

I love Sock, but this was bound to happen as soon as he faced someone of Lleyton's caliber off the ground. That backhand was so brutally exposed, and Sock was too tired to even try and cover it up with the rest of his game.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Hewitt to take out Sock. Ball skids away too fast and low on this grass, will allow Hewitt to absorb the pace and put on a typical Hewitt counter-punching old-school style clinic!
Easy money obliteration. :worship:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
yessss legend!!!!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Hewitt has dispatched America's brightest hopes in Harrison, Johnson and now Sock this tournament. Interestingly, the only one that troubled him was Harrison. Sock has shed some weight and has improved in recent months but Hewitt exposed all the weaknesses in his game today.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Was at this one. I saw Hewitt play here last year too and he was much much better this year. Hit his backhand incredibly well.

As clear as it was that Sock was exhausted, he could have made this one a lot more competitive if he stopped trying to break down Hewitt's backhand. So many times he had a chance to open up the court to his forehand and he just kept dumping those loopy inside out forehands in. When he really cracks a forehand it is a sight to see however. Crazy spin.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
You should start betting on tennis mate.
Chris_Keurten gave the lip as you and then he was DM'ed my screenshots on twitter. Then he shut up.

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Taking out the trash in style :yeah:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts