·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rampras in Newport always a tough nutt to break :sport:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Isner hit over 80% 1st serves that last set and still couldn't pull it out. The key minibreak by Ram was on a 1st serve.

The top half of the draw is wide open, Ram could go far.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Isner hit over 80% 1st serves that last set and still couldn't pull it out. The key minibreak by Ram was on a 1st serve.
Both Ram minibreaks were off a 1st serve, the 1st with a slice backhand passing shot which would have made Ken Rosewall proud :worship:

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Top half compared to Bottom half :lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The last point though, Isner was in the point but slipped and fell and Ram made a cross court shot to the other side. Isner got up but didn't make it. It was a bit funny :)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
FITD and PAW...:facepalm:
I'm gonna be last in both of those at the rate this tournament is going. :eek:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ram though is a poor man's Sampras (slower and clumsier), serves like him too (tries)..

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Top half compared to Bottom half :lol:
Well the bottom half did have all the qualifiers in it, so it's logical to expect that the bottom half was more likely to stick to form. But still :lol: at Isner losing to Ram.

·
MONSOON season.
81,987 Posts
Rajeev :hatoff: He'd be Top 100 if the whole season was played on grass, obviously.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Well, after I picked Isner to reach the final I can't be surprised at this result. Isner really is not the same in TBs this year, he pressurized Fed on the all time list for % of TBs won and was briefly ahead last year but at this rate he'll soon lose the 2nd position to Andrés Gomez.

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Top 50 I'd say, he's actually been top 100 before despite just 3 weeks being played on grass
Probably the player with the lowest career high ranking of all time among ones with an ATP title.

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts
Wait - Isner not only lost to Ram, but was broken by him in the second set? :spit:

Strategic tank until Johnny can get back to God's Country in Atlanta - then we'll see what's going on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts