Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First set was very close and Young even looked like better player on court. Had several breakpoints ,but Pospisil saved them all . After losing tiebreaker Young folded like a cheap tent .

But he gets more and more wild cards from American organizers. Why, I dont know .

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Maybe I should use Young as an example more in my lonely crusade to abolish WCs.
Pospisil wasn't exactly impressive, but might could pick up some wins here.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
First set was very close and Young even looked like better player on court. Had several breakpoints ,but Pospisil saved them all . After losing tiebreaker Young folded like a cheap tent .

But he gets more and more wild cards from American organizers. Why, I dont know .

he was next on entry list after others dropped out. so as deserving a WC as anybody

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, wasnt a lot of choices to fill it. Basically they just took the next ranked player and the fact that he made the semis here 2 years ago didnt hurt. That being said. Donald Young has had a disastrous 2018. This might be the last time you see him in an ATP field for some time. His ranking is now 225. Yikes... I didnt think he would get into the top 40 again but figured he would hang out around the lower 70s-80s for the rest of his career. Not sure why he fell so much so quickly.

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Yes, wasnt a lot of choices to fill it. Basically they just took the next ranked player and the fact that he made the semis here 2 years ago didnt hurt. That being said. Donald Young has had a disastrous 2018. This might be the last time you see him in an ATP field for some time. His ranking is now 225. Yikes... I didnt think he would get into the top 40 again but figured he would hang out around the lower 70s-80s for the rest of his career. Not sure why he fell so much so quickly.
His ranking has zigzagged all over the place his whole career, he might yet have another top 100 run in him

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
well..one of them was going to win. pospisil finally gets a win in a main draw . his tournament ends next round against zverev though. unless mischa plays like crap

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Good result for tennis and humanity. Now if tournaments stop giving this clown wildcards, it would be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts