Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does Harrison manage to turn lke 80% of his matches into mugfests? He was broken to lose the last 2 sets.

Hewitt had shoulder problems.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
the scoreline :hysteric: didnt see this. how was the match??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Didn't realize Hewitt had shoulder problems. I had him down as my second favorite for this tournament. He's just such a fighter. Although Harrison does seem to always muck up from winning positions.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
He's 22. This is an overstatement.
No matter at what level he always chokes the same way. Can't keep the ball in court can't make a 1st serve this has been going for a few years now and there's no sign it will stop.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
No matter at what level he always chokes the same way. Can't keep the ball in court can't make a 1st serve this has been going for a few years now and there's no sign it will stop.
Yes, his play is frustratingly erratic and he seems to lose many matches that he should win. But, again, he is only 22 and has made a million and a half dollars on the tour so far. I make 30 grand a year teaching college students religion and philosophy, so it is hard for me to envision Harrison's tennis career as "tragic." I think most people would be happy to live his life.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Yes, his play is frustratingly erratic and he seems to lose many matches that he should win. But, again, he is only 22 and has made a million and a half dollars on the tour so far. I make 30 grand a year teaching college students religion and philosophy, so it is hard for me to envision Harrison's tennis career as "tragic." I think most people would be happy to live his life.
Of course from that point of view his career isn't tragic but he was supposed to be the next US tennis star and he's nowhere near that this year he's losing to players like Londero,Kutrovsky,Boutiller...What's worse as you've said is losing the matches he should win.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Hewitt had real serve issues due to shoulder. Took an MTO and stopped making two doubles a game thereafter. Harrison has an incredible ability to lose close matches to guys who always lose close matches.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Good for the sport. Injured 33-year old wins against Fattison. Rusty did humanity a favor here.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Last year Harrison beat Hewitt. This year, he's struggling to win any matches, let alone beat Hewitt. Sad to see how far he has dropped.

·
10,279 Posts

Lol Emotion you are right. Harrison does look fatter.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Last year Harrison beat Hewitt. This year, he's struggling to win any matches, let alone beat Hewitt. Sad to see how far he has dropped.
Don't worry. He can still cheer himself up in McDonalds.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
oh Rusty... well, it's a classic result, for both of them, so it's quite fitting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts