Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats Jack, quite unexpected result in my opinion!! :woohoo:

Isner. :spit: :superlol: :bigwave:

Am I seriously the only person who is making threads about results at Newport?! :hysteric:

If Hewitt doesn't seize this draw..... :tape:

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Isner losing is always good for tennis, especially when it is on US soil. If Sock continues to get such results I may begrudgingly change my opinion of him.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Sock is the only hope at the moment for any American male to do remotely well in the Slams. Isner has been consistently mediocre for awhile now, so it is nice to have Sock officially dethrone him as the American alpha player.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Isner's ambition to be the first seasoned campaigner to win more TBs than matches put on hold. 227 matches won, 225 TBs.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
assner :facepalm: that was really disappointing...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Not unexpected for sure, Sock was good in his previous matches and was great at Wimbledon - yes in doubles but confidence and so on - some good volleys today showed again - 2nd BP vs John he saved 3 passing shots and that middle one was really tough, it was 4 all , if Isner has broken he would serve for the set, but opposite happened, Isner wasn´t able to break and than got broken himself at 4-5 serving to stay in the set.

Anyway who watched this again i can say it again and no matter John had best Wimbledon this year and has titles from Newport - grass is easily his worst surface - so many FH shanks - this surface is to quick, to low bounce and so on for him and his serve also needs bounce - yes he can hit aces on all surfaces, but when he got spin on it he prefers clay and outdoor HC.

Btw i have bad feeling Sock or Groth to have title here - i don´t mind Groth to win something, but out of nowhere to win title, first he should make SF - like he did and than maybe later in few months he can win title and Sock with his attitude and everything he showed during Wimby - he is just disgusting person and don´t deserve title

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wow, losing to Sock in a tie break...time to retire Big John..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts